What if Nunes was Rousey's first loss?

Mattitude V1

WAR CONDIT
@Silver
Reaction score
With the Holm loss, there were so many things people could point to as an excuse as to why things unfolded the way they did. Maybe she did too much media, maybe she wasn't in great shape. A lot of Ronda nuthuggers(?) (especially after Holm lost to Tate and Schevchenko) tried to make the case that Holm just came in the with the perfect gameplan and was the perfect style matchup.

Nunes just trucked Rousey tho. There's no question at this point about what went wrong.

What do you think the reaction would have been from the public if the Holm fight never happened and this was her first loss? More importantly, do you think Rousey would have even come back from that? I think she would have just called it quits from there.

I think it wasn't just the skill difference at play here. Striking, there was a huge difference, but I think confidence played a huge roll in the result. Ten seconds on the feet with their skill and confidence differential was too much, it was pretty clear that when Amanda connected once post traumatic stress kicked in for Ronda and she seem to sheepish to even try to go for any under/over hooks, instead stand in front of Amanda and wait for the inevitable to happen. If Ronda hadn't been such a bad winner and loser in the past I would feel bad for her.:)

Sorry, i'm on the herb and didn't go anywhere near what you were asking so I really don't mean to double post. I find it hard to believe the result would have been the same if the Holme fight had not occurred but if this fight occurred first I image it would be to her fans what the Queens death will be like for England and the rest of the world......... Absolute devastation. I can see Ronda doing a few more movies until Hollywood spits her out and then making a successful come back in 5 years when she starts taking it 100% seriously again and regains her confidence.

I think it wasn't just the skill difference at play here. Striking, there was a huge difference, but I think confidence played a huge roll in the result. Ten seconds on the feet with their skill and confidence differential was too much, it was pretty clear that when Amanda connected once post traumatic stress kicked in for Ronda and she seem to sheepish to even try to go for any under/over hooks, instead stand in front of Amanda and wait for the inevitable to happen. If Ronda hadn't been such a bad winner and loser in the past I would feel bad for her.:)
Well, Nunes also has insane power, she slept Julia Budd in 14 seconds and even Miesha couldn't take much from her, so maybe Ronda would have panicked in a few shots regardless.

Well, Nunes also has insane power, she slept Julia Budd in 14 seconds and even Miesha couldn't take much from her, so maybe Ronda would have panicked in a few shots regardless.
Maybe, maybe not, we will never know but it's great to see a humble up and comer using Ronda's star power to catapult her own. Love Amanda and her style.

Back