What if Mayors decided who's Governor and Governors decided who's President?

gizmo J

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How would you think it would work if we only voted who is Mayor and Mayors vote who's Governor and Governors vote who's President?

I can't think of a single advantage this would have. I would just assume that every current problem would be a lot worse, and every politician would be like a modern Republican, but without the pretense of public service.

I can't think of a single advantage this would have. I would just assume that every current problem would be a lot worse, and every politician would be like a modern Republican, but without the pretense of public service.

Yuk, what’s worse than a modern republican

Then Democrats would bitch and moan about the fact that their votes are worth less, because they’re all concentrated in a handful of cities.

I think the House should vote for President. Governors should appoint Senators.

Lol, you righties are bleating on about NYC being mob led (Fucking lol) and California being cartel led (equally laughable).

If this is really your position, you might want to ask yourselves as to why it's the mob and the Mexican cartels that run states better than red blooded GOP Americans, considering those states subsidize deadbeat red states every single year, since Republicans don't know what fiscal responsibility is, despite never ceasing to talk about it in relation to the dems.

Then Democrats would bitch and moan about the fact that their votes are worth less, because they’re all concentrated in a handful of cities.

If you count New York the same as Casper Wyoming yeah.

So cease to follow the principles of by which our country exists.

Pass.

How would you think it would work if we only voted who is Mayor and Mayors vote who's Governor and Governors vote who's President?

Youd never have another Democrat in power ever. Far more mayorships in Republican hands than Democrat.

It's interesting, it would make local elections a lot more important.

It's not even that extreme on the Presidential side because all it would require is that the Governors assign their state Electoral College votes, instead of relying on the popular vote (which is relatively recent anyway).

The tricky part is how you weigh the mayor votes for governor. Should big cities carry more weight than small towns?

What about census-designated places that don't have mayors but a board of supervisors instead?

My town is such a place; one town that is situated across four different municipalities, each with their own board of supervisors.

Lol, you righties are bleating on about NYC being mob led (Fucking lol) and California being cartel led (equally laughable).

If this is really your position, you might want to ask yourselves as to why it's the mob and the Mexican cartels that run states better than red blooded GOP Americans, considering those states subsidize deadbeat red states every single year, since Republicans don't know what fiscal responsibility is, despite never ceasing to talk about it in relation to the dems.

New York would be worth nothing without financial services, which are parasitic on the rest of the nation. California without Silicon Valley has what? Avocados and Grapes?

Let's move wall street to Utah and Silicon Valley to Tennesee and see how things shake out.

Back