What if Lesnar had trained striking as well as wrestling in his youth and joined UFC at 18?

He would have been a multi-time champion. But he most likely wouldn't be nearly as rich as he is right now. He made the right decision going into prowrestling and becoming a superstar there, and still making a side trip into MMA and becoming champion there too.

There are LOTS of athletes who would have been amazing if they trained MMA in their youths instead of going into Boxing, Basketball, Football, etc, but in most situations the athletes made the right decision in going where they went.

UFC bought Randy out of retirement to get the belt, then Couture being a company man at the time knew he's place and was a gimme for Bork.<BC1>

Then when bork had to fight real competition he couldn't run quick enough back to wwe were he had he's character control on he's contract.. <{Heymansnicker}>
C'mon man! Dude took out legit top 5 guys in Mir and Carwin. He had his achilles heel, but had certified elite traits.

<5>

Point is I think he did. Millions made him soft. Pic is proof brah.
Brock has never really been in a bout where he had to face resistance. He grew up bullying kids and loved it. Him skipping wwe for more training wouldn't have changed that , imo. That was his character. If he was bullied as a kid, maybe. I think lesnar is talented. I don't think lesnar enjoys the violence. He's not a Justin gaethje type. What Gaethje was saying about khabib , saying he doesn't like to fight, etc. That's more applicable to lesnar. This is a dude that is just a freak athlete and find some thing where he could use his talents. I don't think he's a natural fighter or have a love for martial arts. He has the love for money, competition, the adrenaline of winning but fighting and going through adversity of violence? Nah.

He's still a tough son of a bitch. But he's not built like those other guys. He can't be a nail and win. He has to be the hammer.

he wouldn't have anywhere close to the money he does now. I'd say the path he took served him best.

Brock didn't like being hit. No fighter does but he doesn't have the stomach for it. Not sure striking would change that
Except for that murderous beating he took from Shane Carwin and still came out and won the fight.

What if there are a million more Ngounoue starving to death before the age of 5?

21 Or 22 years old, out of college training his ass off with a top team and he is the greatest heavyweight the sport ever saw.

By a mile.

Brock didn't like being hit. No fighter does but he doesn't have the stomach for it. Not sure striking would change that
It all comes with experience. He didn’t have it. And yet he still won the heavyweight championship, and showed heart in fights like he did with Shane. This man basically didn’t start training in a sport until he was 30 years old. It’s crazy what he actually did accomplish.

It all comes with experience. He didn’t have it. And yet he still won the heavyweight championship, and showed heart in fights like he did with Shane. This man basically didn’t start training in a sport until he was 30 years old. It’s crazy what he actually did accomplish.
Yeah he's a freak athlete. He never played football in high school tried out for the Vikings with a broken jaw and torn groin.

Reactions: HHJ
Probably would of held all boxing belts, all boxing gold medals, pride and ufc belts and beletor and bkfc belts

I don't think age has a thing to do with that.
It definitely does. It makes a huge difference in whether or not you want to go balls out and hit and get hit.. Why do you think so many guys 35+ that used to be badass high output guys turn into guys that just stare at the other guy? Yoel? Rashad? Cro Cop?

When all the small systems in your body, like cartilage between your joints, are at 100% you feel invincible. You recover faster. You don't get injured either.

When they're at 95%, 90%, etc. as you get older, you feel mortal. And when you get banged up, you stay banged up. And if you keep training while you're banged up, you get injured -- and even if you don't, you might tear something anyways.

What if CroCop had the same power as his LHK in every strike from every appendage?
What if Overeem had the GOAT chin?
What if Khabib had Ngannou's power?
What if GSP wasn't French Canadian?
He would be armbarred by Rickson.

Back