What if Lesnar had trained striking as well as wrestling in his youth and joined UFC at 18?

I disagree. He's had heard to out into his craft. I think he's a gifted athlete, talented and when there's resistance it shocks him. He wasn't use to it during his upbringing. I don't think skipping the wwe would have helped improved that. Brock could have improved his striking the way ortega did. Continually working on his craft and reworking it. I don't think he does that.

Maybe he does. IDK
I’m not saying he’d be a good striker. I’m saying he came into training pampered and favored from the get-go according to those who trained with him. Maybe he’d react the same way but I gotta think this matters.

What kind of hypothetical is that , lol.
What if ref stopped carwin fight in first round like he shouldve ?
Cage fighting wasnt meant for Brock - you could tell early on that he did NOT like getting touched. He did win a UFC heavy title - cant take that away from him.
Theres a thread going around of " worst UFC champions ". Lesnar owns a spot on top 5.

What if Brock was a natural 205er - or -lol- a middle . He wouldn't be a cm punk but he would of been back to the WWF rather quickly.

still would've lost to ubereem unless he was a k1 champ level striker, probably would've beat velasquez.

still would've lost to ubereem unless he was a k1 champ level striker, probably would've beat velasquez.

I don't think so. Even if Reem fought him pre gut surgery I think it would have gone very different

Brock didn't like being hit. No fighter does but he doesn't have the stomach for it. Not sure striking would change that

It was mentioned tons of times on video during he's training camps he's training partners were not allowed to hit him on the face even when wearing protective gear.

Some people can take a punch to the face and not affect them some people flinch tense up and just no matter how many times cannot get used to it. Various fighters have talked about not just Bork but other fighters also that struggle with taking punches / jabs to the face etc.

Career would have looked like Aaron Pico's. Still would have eventually gotten HW title because... It's HW.

Still would have eventually gotten HW title because... It's HW.

UFC bought Randy out of retirement to get the belt, then Couture being a company man at the time knew he's place and was a gimme for Bork.<BC1>

Then when bork had to fight real competition he couldn't run quick enough back to wwe were he had he's character control on he's contract.. <{Heymansnicker}>

He would have been a lot better
He would have had striking skills and have been trained to react properly when hit instead of panicking

OK your turn TS.
What if Stefan Struve had gone to a basketball camp at 18 instead of fighting, and joined the NBA? Were we robbed of prime Struve? Would he play center or point guard?

You give proper training to a huge, powerful athlete like Brock Lesnar, then yes he would have been extremely successful. Especially back in the early days if he competed right out of college. He got into MMA late and was still able to capture and defend the UFC title. Brock catches some hate, but he was a formidable fighter despite being relatively green when he made his UFC run.

He could have went a long way without having better striking if he had not gotten diverticulitis. He was not the same fighter after he recovered. Lesnar was building his submission capabilities to go with his wrestling when the medical issues started.

What if CroCop had the same power as his LHK in every strike from every appendage?
What if Overeem had the GOAT chin?
What if Khabib had Ngannou's power?
What if GSP wasn't French Canadian?

He would have been a lot better
He would have had striking skills and have been trained to react properly when hit instead of panicking

OK your turn TS.
What if Stefan Struve had gone to a basketball camp at 18 instead of fighting, and joined the NBA? Were we robbed of prime Struve? Would he play center or point guard?

stay on topic or go join a basketball forum

Means little really he'd still turtle up after a few punches .

Back