What if Lesnar had trained striking as well as wrestling in his youth and joined UFC at 18?

The minivan running him over back in the day is what kept us from having a prime lesnar.

Brock didn't like being hit. No fighter does but he doesn't have the stomach for it. Not sure striking would change that

He was old but, no old man likes that, just ask Conor. I think he would have reacted differently if he was young bull full of testosterone

Brock didn't like being hit. No fighter does but he doesn't have the stomach for it. Not sure striking would change that
I think this is a product of his training to an extent. He was already a renowned wwe guy by the time he got into MMA and I recall a few people saying it was frowned upon to hit him hard. I think it was Brett Rogers and Pat Barry who’ve said this.

Maybe if he came in as Joe Schmo and cut his teeth properly like everyone else, he would be more composed, but who knows?

He was old but, no old man likes that, just ask Conor. I think he would have reacted differently if he was young bull full of testosterone
I don't think age has a thing to do with that.

he would of fought Royce, Ken, Dan, and Tank ... alot of others but those were the top dudes 25 years ago .. <Lmaoo>

I think this is a product of his training to an extent. He was already a renowned wwe guy by the time he got into MMA and I recall a few people saying it was frowned upon to hit him hard. I think it was Brett Rogers and Pat Barry who’ve said this.

Maybe if he came in as Joe Schmo and cut his teeth properly like everyone else, he would be more composed, but who knows?
I disagree. He's had heard to out into his craft. I think he's a gifted athlete, talented and when there's resistance it shocks him. He wasn't use to it during his upbringing. This is a man whom openly admitted he was a school bully and loved it he never met any resistance. I don't think skipping the wwe would have helped improved that. Brock could have improved his striking the way ortega did. Continually working on his craft and reworking it. I don't think he does that.

Maybe he does. IDK

Back