What if Khabib's chin is just as good as Nate's?

TheLastEmperorReurns

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People think of Conor as this one-hit KO Magician for some reason but forget that he couldn't finish Nate after 7 rounds of connecting clean against him.

He couldn't finish Duffy either after connecting with him.

Only UFC LW he actually put down with his strikes is Eddie.

People think of his epic FW run and forget that Conor @ FW and Conor @ LW are 2 entirely different animals.

At FW Conor was like a crocodile in a river.

At LW Conor is like a wolf in the wild.

There are stronger, bigger, badder animals out there.

19532120519_0fcf695d7b_k-e1441158706270.jpg

If Khabibs chin is better than nates Conor is royally fucked

If Khabibs chin is better than nates Conor is royally fucked
Then Conor is fucked.

<Fedor23><Goldie11>

It's something that people aren't considering as a possibility for some reason.

They think Conor kos anyone he connects against... when clearly we saw that this isn't true.

He can KO any FW on the planet (Aldo & Mendes have really great chins) but @ LW his power actually doesn't look extremely impressive like Melvin Guillard.

Right now there is only one man who can confirm this (KOd nate and is a training partner of Khabib)
20130420_krg_st3_420.0.jpg

josh-thomson-nate-diaz-finish1.gif

josh-thomson-nate-diaz-head-kick.gif

886ebd3706ce5b2aef1f3c043d567bb9.gif

#PunkBless #StocktonTowelMotherfucker

People think of Conor as this one-hit KO Magician for some reason but forget that he couldn't finish Nate after 7 rounds of connecting clean against him.

People think of his epic FW run and forget that Conor @ FW and Conor @ LW are 2 entirely different animals.

Then he’s going to take Khabib down and submit him with his exceptional ground game I keep hearing about. I’m guessing probably a Gogo, or Peruvian necktie.

It would potentially cause some deaths on sherdog.

I wonder if Nate's height gave Conor issues with connecting with "lights out" power? No argument, just thinking about how Conor doesn't throw a ton of over hands which can catch clean on taller opponents vs connor's straight left which may lose a little power, and tire him out, as he throws upwards

Khabib's chin doesn't have to be good as Nate's, Khabib isn't going to be standing and trying to win a boxing match with Conor, Khabib's stand up is pretty rudimentary but his striking defence isn't that bad.

Conor is going to have to dance around in that cage to avoid being grabbed by Khabib........... prepare for Conor having to do Anderson levels of dancing to avoid the grappler, only issue is that Khabib is a sambo fighter and not a BJJ guy with crap take downs......

We've never seen it being really tested. He did get tagged in the Johnson fight and his legs went a bit under him on two occasions and then he took Johnson down. I know there's a lot of debate about that exchange and how badly rocked, wobbled, jelly like state his legs were in, etc. I think the only thing that can be taken from that is, his corner would have probably liked to have seen him back up a little and re-centre himself, instead of still going forward.

He hasn't taken as much damage as Diaz has in fights, but I don't think that means he can take a punch as well as him.

khabib got rocked bye a few guys and has come out just fine.

#conorisfucked.

Then Conor gets rapped until he gives up like in first fight with Nate.

"Chin" is for a large part skill and ability in seeing and rolling with incoming punches...
I dont believe for a minute that Khabib can absorb as much shots as Nate did. That however doesn't mean he can't outgrapple conor

It's not. Khabib will go down.

If you've fought 26 MMA fights and never been dropped or seriously hurt I'd wager your chin is top tier, of course no amount of chin is gonna save you if you eat a strait punch coming in.

It'll be bad for Conor.

But then, what if Khabib has a bad weight cut? What if Khabib goes in there with a rib or knee injury and can't get the takedown? What if Conor catches him early and he can't collect himself? What if Conor's ACL goes on the first sprawl? What if Conor breaks his thumb two weeks out?

Back