What If Glover Never Had Visa Issues?

SpoonDogg

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Before entering the UFC Glover was on a 15 fight win streak.

He even extended that win streak to 20 before falling short to LHW great Jon Jones at UFC 172.

20140426_jla_gb3_294.jpg.0.jpg

But what if Glover never had visa issues and entered the UFC earlier?

How would he have fared against the likes of;

Tito
Lyoto
Shogun
Forrest
Hendo
Vitor
Randy
Rashad (has a W over him, but in his prime)
Rampage (again a W over him, but in his prime).

20130903013259_IMG_2122.JPG

Do you think he would've attained UFC gold?

Discuss Sherbro's.

Last edited:
I think he couldve been champ. Glover wouldve KOd or dominated most of those guys in the list.

I think he would have been champion if he had the knowledge he does now in his younger days. Back when LHW was stacked I think the only two who would give him trouble would be Shogun and Lyoto. Maybe Randy Couture as well.

I think he would have been champion if he had the knowledge he does now in his younger days. Back when LHW was stacked I think the only two who would give him trouble would be Shogun and Lyoto. Maybe Randy Couture as well.
Always imagined Glover vs Shogun to go something like Hendo vs Shogun. Total. Fucking. War.

Also agree Lyoto's movement would be a massive problem.

Shame we never got see the full potential of Glover against that era of LHW's.

A. Glover struggles with Shogun, maybe Lyoto, maybe a prime Rashad. He's always been hittable and his standup is predictable. Throwing leather with Shogun to this day is a bad idea, let alone when Shogun was in the form he was in the Machida days. Rashad might catch Glover with his speed, though I'd heavily favour Glover. Lyoto is a tough style match up. All that said, Glover's power and grappling skills makes him a threat to anyone who can't stop his size and strength.

B. Jones isn't even the consensus GOAT on Sherdog - https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/all-time-goat-poll.3916359/

A. Glover struggles with Shogun, maybe Lyoto, maybe a prime Rashad. He's always been hittable and his standup is predictable. Throwing leather with Shogun to this day is a bad idea, let alone when Shogun was in the form he was in the Machida days. Rashad might catch Glover with his speed, though I'd heavily favour Glover. Lyoto is a tough style match up. All that said, Glover's power and grappling skills makes him a threat to anyone who can't stop his size and strength.

B. Jones isn't even the consensus GOAT on Sherdog - https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/all-time-goat-poll.3916359/
100% agree, Lyoto would be the hardest problem to solve.

I'll be sure to edit that JJ comment. Don't want yet another GOAT discussion. Duly noted.

Jon Jones won the twitter pole by a landslide though. Worlds population > sherdog.

100% agree, Lyoto would be the hardest problem to solve.

I'll be sure to edit that JJ comment. Don't want yet another GOAT discussion. Duly noted.
Don’t change your opinion just to appease a bunch of cry baby grown men. They can wine if they’d like. The fact is the majority of people recognize Jon Jones as the goat.

Last edited:
Why did Glover have visa problems in the past?

yeah, stinks he came over so late.

lot of great fights for him. i think he could potentially beat all those guys but at the same time id say some of them could best him as well.

Don’t change your opinion just to appease a bunch of cry baby grown men. They can whine if they’d like. The fact is Jon Jones is the goat.
I don't really believe in the GOAT shit tbh. Different weight classes, different eras, PED's, just appreciate greatness when I see it. PED's or not, JJ is a cerebral motherfucker and I will forever enjoy his fights.

Loses some
Wins some
Might become champion but wouldn't stay champion for long

Would he have fought Chuck for the belt?

Glover was 34 with a lot of mileage by the time he fought Jones. He quite clearly got outside of his athletic prime, unfortunately for him he was slowing down by then.

When you see Glover fight now, you are seeing someone with absolute world class knowledge of fighting, and subpar athleticism. He's winning these fights (and surviving bad situations) based on superior technique. He's good everywhere.

If Glover was able to compete at 205 as a 28 year old, he would have been top of the food chain.

During the "hot potato" era, maybe. Even then the Shogun-Machida rivalry and Shogun's long layoff would hold Glover off from the title.

I would give him until 2011. 2011 Jones beats any version of Glover.

Glover grounds Shogun, passes his guard, gnps him, before choking him out.

Now and in their primes.

Glover was 34 with a lot of mileage by the time he fought Jones. He quite clearly got outside of his athletic prime, unfortunately for him he was slowing down by then.

When you see Glover fight now, you are seeing someone with absolute world class knowledge of fighting, and subpar athleticism. He's winning these fights (and surviving bad situations) based on superior technique. He's good everywhere.

If Glover was able to compete at 205 as a 28 year old, he would have been top of the food chain.
Loved watching him school that cocky punk Ion Cutelaba.

Back