What if Genki Sudo didn't retire early?

I feel like we really missed out on a potential all time great with him retiring so early. Lots of dream matches against BJ Penn, Faber, Edgar, Aldo, etc.
I guess we talking todays UFC. Тор 10 in 145-155, with a couple of title shots, probably no belts wins. His flashy stuff worked on flawed opponents, but he would struggle against accomplished wrestlers and todays top 5. Crowd would love him tho.

What if Genki Sudo was born 15 years later, in 1993? Probably a champion with much more complete game, some title defenses with a couple of legendary fights against prime Aldo.
Ahh, i can dream ye.

Last edited:
Increible athlete. Good everywhere. Liked to fool around and showboat. Always entertaining.

Retired young because of injuries and moved up to music, when he is fairly successful with World Order.

He is a guy a lot of people should look up to.

Because you not knowing who he is means anything. What a dumb cunt

Genki was one of the most fun fighters to watch ever. Dude fought Butterbean FFS

I don't think that he knows who Butterbean is either.

Loved Sudo and his "we are all one" poster. Dude was exciting to watch

It's interesting that back then, this flag was really cool.

Now only annoying turbo-progressist open border SJW types would wave that.

How times change in only 15 years.

One of my favorite fighters, all time. Only UFC shirt I ever bought:

61v286F8oQL._UX385_.jpg

Spin drill!
ShorttermCreativeImago-size_restricted.gif

Sudo was one of a kind.

Him vs BJ wouldve happened during BJs LW champ run and it wouldve been awesome

One of the greats. If you don't know genki sudo, you dont know mma

One of my favorite of all time no doubt.
On the way inside the ring, inside the ring , and outside the ring.

Then we might actually know who he is.
You should educate yourself, strictly for your own benefit. Genki was a very good fights, but the GOAT entertainer in MMA. Look him up and enjoy what you see.

Genki was a very interesting fighter. Today, people would have LOVED him. I can't say he retired early since his career was actually fairly long in combat sports. You can see genki versus a very young Nate Marquardt for instance in pancrase. He did a bit of kickboxing as well. In any case, most remember his entrances, but in the ring he could pull some funky mind game bullshit. He'd bust out the robot and turn it into a spinning backfist, moonwalk backward into takedowns. Randomly stand still looking at the crowd before suprise attack jabbing. He was creative without being a dickhead. He had a near complete game to back up his shenanigans, although to be fair he was behaved in his UFC run. Speaking of which, he got screwed in that run. I think had he stayed in the game he'd have been a very solid high level gatekeeper and a squirreley matchup most would want to avoid.
Would they have loved him though?
Modern MMA is filled with people who love the biggest asshole braggarts possible.

Would they have loved him though?
Modern MMA is filled with people who love the biggest asshole braggarts possible.

He wouldn't be a love/hate kind of figure and probably not a mainstream as he became in Japan but still I think he'd likely be very popular and if he got the results a pretty good draw.

If he retired early then we wouldn't have been blessed with his awesome music career.

Also, he is working for ONE Championship now

Back