What if?: Frankie Edgar vs Anthony Pettis in 2011

i favor fredgar. but people forget, yes anthony lost to guida, but frankie lost to benson

True, but I think Benson is/was a better fighter than Pettis. Pettis just had his number for some reason.

Pettis would've taken it if the fight went through when it was supposed to without delays

I have great respect for Frankie but there's a good reason why he's at 145 now and if he really wanted could go to 135.The talent now facilitated in UFC s 155 division would send Edgar outside the top 15 (or on the line)

Already answered because Guida exposed his weakness and Frankie does the same thing better.

Pettis would get wrestle fucked like he usually does against elite wrestlers/grapplers

Maynard would probably rag doll Pettis on the ground worse than Edgar. Only problem might be Maynard's cardio in a 5 round fight.

Another fight that would have been interesting at the time was Penn/Maynard instead of Penn/Edgar. Maynard beat Edgar but he didn't have clear enough wins to get a title shot

I feel like Pettis would see Grays shots coming alot better and set up his own shots better vs Gray than he would with Frankie as well as a sizeable cardio advantage. Gray also wasn't as active on the ground as Edgar so a chance for a sneaky submission from Pettis is more likely with gray than Edgar.

Maynard vs Penn was definitely another one I wanted to see and fuck it id still watch it today if they made it. Makes sense for both.

Edgar via lay n pray. The holes that Pettis has now were still around in his prime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back