What if Brock Lesnar picked up MMA earlier?

Brock transitioned into the MMA in his 30's with little amount of skills or knowledge in Striking & BJJ.
Just had NCAA wrestling experience.

I wonder if he came to the UFC right after college & actually trained Striking & BJJ... could he have been much better?

Hw goat status.

Lesnar's striking was fine for his level of experience in Herring and Couture fights. I think he began to fear getting hit after the Carwin fight. The straight right that made Kieth rolling over his head was a beauty. This might have become an issue even if Lesnar started to train MMA earlier.

Groundbreaking topic, this one.

TS should follow up by asking the whereabouts of Goran Reljic, discussing the what ifs had Fedor joined UFC.

All these are new and exciting topics that haven't had any attention or discussion here.

Completely leaving off that his money from WWE is what lead to him having the access to the level of training. He had more money then anyone in MMA.

He also would have had to earn his way up the ladder.

Brock wasn't lacking any skills... he was lacking heart.

You can't train heart, so I don't think the outcome would be any different.

He would have done really well. Competition wasn't very strong in the UFC at that time. He's also a freak athlete that would have been able to use PEDs with impunity during that time.

Brock would’ve gotten passed the heavyweights in the 2000s decade. He loses to 80% of the HWs in the 2010s decade and 100% in the 2020s decade so far

What if Brock focused on freestyle wrestling right out of college?

He would have quit earlier, and probably never become a pro wrestling superstar.

What if Brock Lesnar invented MMA

I definitely think he would've been considerably better if he started earlier. More training time but most important no riches. More drive. More hunger. No bullshit like getting mad sparring partners hit him in the face. He always reacted very poorly in fights when he got hit in the face which is just part of the job when you're a fighter. It wasn't a chin issue. It was a mental thing. Getting hit in the face is pretty fucking shocking. You gotta have it happen during training. Brock reacted like a guy with a naturally decent chin who just didn't know how to react to getting punched in the face because he wasn't accustomed to it
It's possible that he would just develop CTE and glass chin if he started early.

I think he showed improvement vs Hunt. He was a solid fighter before sickness but people have a issue because of "wwe".

Back