What if Brock Lesnar picked up MMA earlier?

He wouldn’t have made as much money

Without his WWE fanbase he would merely be a footnote in MMA history.

Without favorable matchmaking odds are may have never become champion and just been another HW
Favorable matchmaking? He literally fought Frank Mir twice, Randy Couture (old but still just as hardy), and a KO artist wrestler in Shane Carwin.

I think you're just hating to say that 10+ more years of MMA training wouldn't amount to anything more than those accomplishments. goober.

Favorable matchmaking? He literally fought Frank Mir twice, Randy Couture (old but still just as hardy), and a KO artist wrestler in Shane Carwin.

I think you're just hating to say that 10+ more years of MMA training wouldn't amount to anything more than those accomplishments. goober.

Just imagine young 20’s Brock learning MMA straight out of college scary to think about he had all the potential in the world.

That's why I said 2.0. Brock is a better version of him.

Brock transitioned into the MMA in his 30's with little amount of skills or knowledge in striking & BJJ.

I wonder if he came to the UFC right after college & actually trained Striking & BJJ... could he have been much better?

Yeah he was a high level wrestler, but that by itself isn't good enough in modern mma. He lost to Mir because he was green to mma grappling. He also spent a lot of time in his fights striking, so that isn't he wrestling skill set being used. Yeah he came into mma with a solid base to start from, but he still barely started training mma at that time. He really spent only a few years training actual mma and still became the UFC HW Champion in that time. That's impressive even with his wrestling base.

after losing to mir so smoked everyone until he fought cain.

brock didt need elite striking to lay on mark hunt.

I thought I was seeing double but the other is Gane.

sherdog loves its fantasy role play

what if fairies (the real kind ;)) fought MMA? Would their wings be allowed?

He wouldn’t have made as much money

Without his WWE fanbase he would merely be a footnote in MMA history.

Without favorable matchmaking odds are may have never become champion and just been another HW
The first part is right, as without his star power, his UFC contract would have been minuscule compared to what it actually was.

But I don't regard his match-ups in the UFC as favorable.

Never goes past the good fighters waiting for him at the top, still not great at taking punches to punch back.

Brock transitioned into the MMA in his 30's with little amount of skills or knowledge in striking & BJJ.

I wonder if he came to the UFC right after college & actually trained Striking & BJJ... could he have been much better?
Yes probably a lot better which is scary.

after losing to mir so smoked everyone until he fought cain.

brock didt need elite striking to lay on mark hunt.
But he did need striking training, which was new to him. Of course it would have been a really bad idea to try and stand with Mark Hunt.

I mean, he got the life beaten out of him by Carwin, who was KOing everyone in the first round, and he toughed through that beating and won.

Brock and Carwin mutually winking to each other to start the 2nd round, the first ever in Carwin's career because everybody else had previously been put away by that kind of assault, is one of the most badass moments in MMA history.

I could be wrong, but IIRC Carwin also later said when Brock winked at him internally the life just drained out of him as he knew he was fucked if Lesnar still had it in him after all that, but he had to try and pretend he was fine and so winked back.

What If Brock Lesnar picked you up in a leather daddy bar and presented you with a collar?

Brock transitioned into the MMA in his 30's with little amount of skills or knowledge in Striking & BJJ.
Just had NCAA wrestling experience.

Yes of course, not to mention he hadn't wrestled competitively in many years, hes just a freak of nature had he trained he could have been amazing. I remember when he made the Vikings roster a ton of nfl players were in awe of his athleticism for his size

Brock transitioned into the MMA in his 30's with little amount of skills or knowledge in Striking & BJJ.
Just had NCAA wrestling experience.

I always said that I think he would be GOAT now.

But then again, there's a caveat.
Lesnar is that big because of PED's... the question is if he would have used it (and become like Josh Barnett) or remained clean? And how would that affect his career???
THAT we would never know :)

Brock and Carwin mutually winking to each other to start the 2nd round, the first ever in Carwin's career because everybody else had previously been put away by that kind of assault, is one of the most badass moments in MMA history.

I could be wrong, but IIRC Carwin also later said when Brock winked at him internally the life just drained out of him as he knew he was fucked if Lesnar still had it in him after all that, but he had to try and pretend he was fine and so winked back.

Yeah, I remember thinking Lesnar was going to finish him after that wink.

Back