What has your experience been like with pitbulls? Positive or negative?

Actually just adopted another one about 10 days ago and he's a fucking sweetheart. I've run the full gamut with pits from ex-fighters to my current crop of four gigantic pussies.Thankfully I learned all my hard lessons with them before I had kids. Pits/Pit Mixes will be the only dogs I own for the rest of my life and my 85lber is actually sleeping in bed with my 8 year old son right now, as he often does.

However, I am an extremely responsible dog owner who has done everything I can to make sure I can handle these dogs, I am well aware that there are tons of assholes out there who manipulate these dogs to fight for them or act as a secondary penis for them.

Also, if that shit is true about Burr than he was clearly a shit owner before he knocked his chick up so fuck him.

I've only ever seen them walked on chains being used as accessory or intimidation tactic or whatever that is. Only ever heard bad things from the news.

The ones I knew that were owned by normal people, were sweet and social dogs like most dogs are.

It's been good I love mine, they are just like any other dog.

Entirely positive.
Every one I've known is a big loving goof. Just like most every dog, they just want to do right by their people.

Bill Burr is a sensible man.

Any parent who keeps a pitbull around very young children is fucking insane and irresponsible.
It's a bit like letting a paedophile babysit for a few hours. Nothing probably will happen, but it might.
"Oh it'll be fine, they've never harmed anyone before!"

No " bro"

you are too stupid to even debate on the topic and yet another dud post from you.

you seem to have very strong opinions on those ppl that care and vegans etc and those that put value on life. most likely because you're still learning about the world, dumb and ignorant.

learn a new word " bro"
Cool it with the insults.

Last edited:
I've only been bit by a dog once and it was a golden retriever.

This has been my experience as well. No negatives with pits but ive never met a nice golden retriever for some dumb reason.

Had to testify for animal control in broward county fl when a neighbor's dog (pit) attacked mine. There were 5 cases before mine was heard, every one was a pit.
My opinion of them is not good

People who act like pit Bulls can do no wrong are idiots. All I ever hear from pit bull lovers is they are perfect animals and would never harm anyone unless the owner is a shit bag whichbis fucking ridiculous. If a person who has grown up in a loving enjoyment can flip out and become a psychopath so can a fucking animal. if my puggle has a bad day and bites someone they just got bit no big deal, if a pit bull does it could fucking easily kill somone.

No fucking way I would have one around my kids thats fucking absurd IMO! I love my kid way more than I trust a bully dog.

Anyone shitting on Bill Burr for giving up his pit because he has a baby on the way especially after hearing it isn't nice around strangers in his home is an idiot.

People who act like pit Bulls can do no wrong are idiots. All I ever hear from pit bull lovers is they are perfect animals and would never harm anyone unless the owner is a shit bag whichbis fucking ridiculous. If a person who has grown up in a loving enjoyment can flip out and become a psychopath so can a fucking animal. if my puggle has a bad day and bites someone they just got bit no big deal, if a pit bull does it could fucking easily kill somone.

No fucking way I would have one around my kids thats fucking absurd IMO! I love my kid way more than I trust a bully dog.

Anyone shitting on Bill Burr for giving up his pit because he has a baby on the way especially after hearing it isn't nice around strangers in his home is an idiot.

Very well put.

You have to wonder about the mentality of people who will have such notorious dogs around little kids.

As I said in my last post, you could say exactly the same thing about letting a paedophile babysit.

It blows my mind why any adult wouldn't instantly and without a second thought do what Bill Burr has done.

I love pits but it's been pretty mixed. I've encountered some real monsters and I've encountered some really fantastic, loyal pets. It's the humans that do it. Really not sure what I'd do if I were in Burr's situation though. Baby has to come first and I know people like to say things like "it's just like my child" but it wasn't nearly that for me. I was one of those people until I had a kid. A human kid. Not the same.

Very well put.

You have to wonder about the mentality of people who will have such notorious dogs around little kids.

As I said in my last post, you could say exactly the same thing about letting a paedophile babysit.

It blows my mind why any adult wouldn't instantly and without a second thought do what Bill Burr has done.
It's ridiculous how dumb people act about pit bulls. It's a fucking animal for christ sake, pretending like the only way it could hurt someone is if it's trained to is beyond retarded.

Most dogs just like most people will generally be good if raised in a loving environment but millions of people raised in good homes turn into complete shit bags and end up doing horrible things, to pretend an animal is any differnt is just being naive.

It's ridiculous how dumb people act about pit bulls. It's a fucking animal for christ sake, pretending like the only way it could hurt someone is if it's trained to is beyond retarded.

Most dogs just like most people will generally be good if raised in a loving environment but millions of people raised in good homes turn into complete shit bags and end up doing horrible things, to pretend an animal is any differnt is just being naive.

I base my opinions on science and opinions of scientific research, you base yours off news and limited real world experiance.

learn to base opinions on these issues on science and not the news and your limited world experiences.

When I was a kid, our family's little Pomeranian was mauled by a pitbull. The same pitbull chased my sister and I into our house and it wasn't trying to play with us. Since then, I have come across a ton of pitbulls. They are a loving, fun and wonderful breed. Back in the early 1900's, I believe they were called mother or mommy dogs, because folks would have them babysit their young children.

It's always the owner. also, let's say you get nipped by a dachshund...Ouch! but no big deal. A pitbull, Rottweiler, G. Shepherd nip, that's a different story. A pitbull is an athletic specimen that can easily be weaponized. Pitbulls require responsible ownership. Great breed.

learn to base opinions on these issues on science and not the news and your limited world experiences.
You are an idiot. what science says it's impossible for a pit bull to harm someone unless it's trained to?

When I was a kid, our family's little Pomeranian was mauled by a pitbull. The same pitbull chased my sister and I into our house and it wasn't trying to play with us. Since then, I have come across a ton of pitbulls. They are a loving, fun and wonderful breed. Back in the early 1900's, I believe they were called mother or mommy dogs, because folks would have them babysit their young children.

It's always the owner. also, let's say you get nipped by a dachshund...Ouch! but no big deal. A pitbull, Rottweiler, G. Shepherd nip, that's a different story. A pitbull is an athletic specimen that can easily be weaponized. Pitbulls require responsible ownership. Great breed.
bullshit. it's not always the owner... what a ridiculous statement.

Dogs are dumb and that is a fact. If your dumb by nature pitbull mistakes the act of some doing something harmless as an act of aggression and mauls them that's not the fault of the owner being a shithead it's a dog being a dumb dog. If your dog is stressed or has anxiety and lashes out and hurts somone again...just a dog doing what a dog does. Doesn't make the dog evil, doesn't make the owner a shit head, just makes the dog a dog.

Last edited:
Back