What has Machida done in past fights to become favorite over Weidman

he isnt the favorite and the chris is gonna lay him out, then ppl will start to really understand how good he is.

The question is straightforward. Weidman has not lost a single round against Anderson Silva. Machida squeeeeeaked by Mousasi and spent most of the fight moving bqackward. How can Sherdoggers be so loyal to one fighter that even when he underperforms (such as against Phil and Gegard) they desperately cling to the belief that their favorite will finally put on an exciting performance that will redeem the past mistakes. I fully understand liking who you like, and wanting that person to win, but to make predictions like (Machida will tko Weidman) when there is no evidence that such a thing would or could happen....Please help me understand the nuthuggery!

Ironic. Machida is way more proven than Weidman. Only a victim of "nuthuggery" would argue otherwise.

The answer is pretty straightforward, as well -

#1 - He is not the favorite, though many think he can beat Weidman.

#2 - He did not squeeeak by Gegard. He thoroughly controlled that fight, pouring on more and more as it continued.

#3 - He did not underperform against Davis. That was a poor decision. That was a LHW.

#4 - Since coming down to MW, and not worrying about a size disadvantage, and with the additional conditioning under his belt to be a MW, he has been much more offensive in his fighting. As the rounds go on, he has picked up the pace and increased his output. The fact that you claim he fought the Mousasi fight "going backward" basically identifies you as clueless.

#5 - What did Weidman do to deserve so many Sherdoggers picking him to topple the great Anderson Silva? Much less than Machida has, and yet, he had the right skill set to do it.

This makes for a very interesting fight, any way you slice it. Anyone pretending that one or the other holds some huge advantage is engaging in nut-huggery, not just the Machida fans.
This is a great post.

End of thread.

Machida was this unbeatable fighter until he ran into Shogun. Shogun made him look average twice. How Shogun suppose to have looked bad in either fight I don't know

If you were around when Machida fought Davis most on here were picking him to win easily. Machida made Davis look good. Rashad and Rumble Johnson dominated him.

Doing MMA Math here? Machida crushed Rashad, made him look goofy en route to a KTFO victory for the belt.

So... Machida > Machida?

Let's be clear, since you seem to have not seen the fight, Davis did not look good, and the judges got that one wrong.

Machida was going to dominate the division after he beat Rashad supposedly. Obviously Shogun calmed the hype and made him look average as opposed to this mythical god.

Davis did get dominated by Rashad. You might need your memory refreshed on that aswell while you are at it. Machida beating Rashad is irrelevant since he won (obviously) we're talking about his losses were he supposedly made the winners look bad

Not irrelevant since the post he's responding to specifically talked about Davis being handled by Rashad in a display of MMA math designed to make the "loss" do Davis seem even worse.

Doing MMA Math here? Machida crushed Rashad, made him look goofy en route to a KTFO victory for the belt.

So... Machida > Machida?

Let's be clear, since you seem to have not seen the fight, Davis did not look good, and the judges got that one wrong.

What are you even talking about

Not irrelevant since the post he's responding to specifically talked about Davis being handled by Rashad in a display of MMA math designed to make the "loss" do Davis seem even worse.

It is irrelevant as I did not use 'MMAmath'. I was showing examples of what making someone look bad actually looks like

How did he squeeze by Gegard? He landed 2 head kicks clean that would have knocked out most fighters and The Moose ate them and carried on.

He was making you look stupid is all.

But it's cute how you try to act like he didn't just own you.

He sure is making me look 'stupid is all'

Especially with the 'Machida>Machida' thing.

No surprise to see you brown nosing someone who's defending Machida even when he isn't making sense

The question is straightforward. Weidman has not lost a single round against Anderson Silva. Machida squeeeeeaked by Mousasi and spent most of the fight moving bqackward. How can Sherdoggers be so loyal to one fighter that even when he underperforms (such as against Phil and Gegard) they desperately cling to the belief that their favorite will finally put on an exciting performance that will redeem the past mistakes. I fully understand liking who you like, and wanting that person to win, but to make predictions like (Machida will tko Weidman) when there is no evidence that such a thing would or could happen....Please help me understand the nuthuggery!

Just wanna say i agree with you....but, dont throw in Lyoto moving backwards against Mousasi when he does that every fight; hes a karate counter striker

He's not the favorite.

But he's going to win. Money to be made on the underdog.

Machida actually beat some champs and unbeaten fighters ... Weidman beat AS one time due to "AS excessive clowning and not fighting" and the second time for "AS injury in the very start of the 2nd round" .. so, unfortunatelly, these 2 wins can

I was thinking the same thing, AS is one of my all time greatest fighters, but he lost badly to Chris, the only thing is maybe seeing as, Machida takes it more seriously with no clowning around he makes it more of a war. I do not think he will make Weidman look bad win loose or draw.

He gave Weidman that win imo..

Machida stylistically will give Weidman problems..without question.

Machida actually beat some champs and unbeaten fighters ... Weidman beat AS one time due to "AS excessive clowning and not fighting" and the second time for "AS injury in the very start of the 2nd round" .. so, unfortunatelly, these 2 wins can

When you look at this matchup, it's really bad for weidman.

Machida has proven very hard to take down, and it's not going to get any easier now that he's fighting at LHW.

So that makes it a standup battle, and it's foolish to pick ANYBODY against Machida in a standup fight.

Back