What has Machida done in past fights to become favorite over Weidman

Hardly made Shogun, Jones and Davis look bad when he lost to them

Truthfully he made Davis look horrible, like he never trained striking in his life. The fact that he was robbed doesn't change that fact.

The question is straightforward. Weidman has not lost a single round against Anderson Silva. Machida squeeeeeaked by Mousasi and spent most of the fight moving bqackward. How can Sherdoggers be so loyal to one fighter that even when he underperforms (such as against Phil and Gegard) they desperately cling to the belief that their favorite will finally put on an exciting performance that will redeem the past mistakes. I fully understand liking who you like, and wanting that person to win, but to make predictions like (Machida will tko Weidman) when there is no evidence that such a thing would or could happen....Please help me understand the nuthuggery!

Go watch his fights you fool. He KO's people in great fashion, went on a great win streak without LOSING A ROUND in any of them and he's won his fights in middleweight. Also wtf do you mean underperformed against Gegard he outstruck the man. Go sit down kid.

The Dragon owned Mousasi, did you even watch the fight?

They fought for 12:34 because Anderson was KTFO once, and mangled his leg in the second.

And want to know the difference between Chael dominating the entirety of a fight and Weidman? Chael lost . . . TWICE and was stopped hardcore in the second fight while Weidman walked out the winner TWICE.

If you don't think Weidman is good and has Silva's number, then I don't know what to tell you. You would have to be in denial.

Both Weidman "Ws" over Silva were marred. Make peace with that fact.

Both Weidman "Ws" over Silva were marred. Make peace with that fact.

Uhhhh no. He brutally KO'd him in the first fight. If anything I would give that the second fight was unfortunate in its ending.

Go watch his fights you fool. He KO's people in great fashion, went on a great win streak without LOSING A ROUND in any of them and he's won his fights in middleweight. Also wtf do you mean underperformed against Gegard he outstruck the man. Go sit down kid.

Kenny-Powers.png

Truthfully he made Davis look horrible, like he never trained striking in his life. The fact that he was robbed doesn't change that fact.

We all knew Davis' striking was horrible. That still didn't stop him from winning rounds and ultimately winning the fight when most didn't expect him to. Machida struggled with him while Rashad and Rumble made Davis look absolutely horrible

He was an undersized dude whipping LHWs left and right and won the gold there.

He's now in a division many say he's always belonged.

He's probably better than he's ever been due to more experience, training, and practice.

He pretty much has a 50/50 track record of brutally KO'ing his opponents vs. decisioning them.

He last decisioned Mousasi.......

Chris is getting KO'd.

Lyoto is an underdog.....what gives.....

It's Mixed Martial Arts...Machida employs Karate heavily.

You're being no different than those who get upset with fighters who blanket their opponent en route to a victory.

i wasn't being critical of machida. i was suggesting that in terms of winning and convincing the judges sometimes his elusiveness is seen as inactivity. for example, i though he won the rampage fight, but the judges didn't. his style is terrific, and i enjoy watching him, but he sometimes leaves too much room for doubt. sorry if that wasn't clear.

"...he handled the best there was every second they were in the cage..."

They fought a total of 12:34 minutes out of a potential FIFTY!

Weidman may have "dominated" him throughout those 2.5 rounds, but so did Chael, remember?

I love anderson silva, but goddamn, is that a weak argument.

He was the LHW champ which is harder to achieve than becoming the mw champ..

Machida isn't the favorite, but I imagine the reason so many people give him such a good shot at beating Weidman is because his unorthodox style is difficult for almost anyone to overcome. On top of that he's a former light heavyweight champion and has a number of impressive wins under his belt. Other than Silva, Machida has the best credentials of anyone Weidman has yet to face. Just in terms of the people Machida's beaten one could argue that his record on paper is more impressive than that of Silva, too.

All the pee Machida fans have been drinking has finally made them retarded?..

Back