What has Machida done in past fights to become favorite over Weidman

Jawbox01

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The question is straightforward. Weidman has not lost a single round against Anderson Silva. Machida squeeeeeaked by Mousasi and spent most of the fight moving bqackward. How can Sherdoggers be so loyal to one fighter that even when he underperforms (such as against Phil and Gegard) they desperately cling to the belief that their favorite will finally put on an exciting performance that will redeem the past mistakes. I fully understand liking who you like, and wanting that person to win, but to make predictions like (Machida will tko Weidman) when there is no evidence that such a thing would or could happen....Please help me understand the nuthuggery!

He makes every opponent look bad even when he loses.

He has ended multiple fighters unbeaten streaks..

Thiago Silva, Rashad, David Heath, Rich Franklin, Bonnar,..

I was thinking the same thing, AS is one of my all time greatest fighters, but he lost badly to Chris, the only thing is maybe seeing as, Machida takes it more seriously with no clowning around he makes it more of a war. I do not think he will make Weidman look bad win loose or draw.

Obviously his takedown defense. And then presumably much better striking than Weidman. And always the fact that Machida performs very well against 205ers.

he's a 1x UFC champion from a higher weightclass where he fought nothing but top competition after top competition. Weidman's rating rely heavily on his wins over Anderson Silva while Machida's rating include a wider spectrum of performances and wins. Machida also has not shown to be vulnerable to takedowns, which are a powerful tool for Weidman. His speed and unorthodox striking give Weidman no clear advantage in striking either.

Machida's hype is well-deserved. He's capped it off with 2 big wins at 185 against good competition.

Taking Bruce Lee's idea of "fighting, without fighting" to the NEXT FUCKIN LEVEL! HAHA!

JK...

he's a 1x ufc champion from a higher weightclass where he fought nothing but top competition after top competition. Weidman's rating rely heavily on his wins over anderson silva while machida's rating include a wider spectrum of performances and wins. Machida also has not shown to be vulnerable to takedowns, which are a powerful tool for weidman. His speed and unorthodox striking give weidman no clear advantage in striking either.

Machida's hype is well-deserved. He's capped it off with 2 big wins at 185 against good competition.

qft!

Footwork and karate. Not my fault stupid Just Bleed fans can't see that. He's also unorthodox, if you haven't heard.

I fully understand liking who you like, and wanting that person to win, but to make predictions like (Machida will tko Weidman) when there is no evidence that such a thing would or could happen....Please help me understand the nuthuggery!

Well for starters, he has a history of knocking out LHWs. What more evidence do you need to suggest that it COULD happen?

Other than his career? I can't think of anything.

I think the people supporting Machida make a much more compelling argument than those that support Chris.

"Chris will win because he beat Anderson. Chris is the new GOAT. Machida lost to Phil Davis. Chris > Phil. Bet the house on The Weidman!"

His style and ability make him the favorite

Machida fans thought he could beat Jones in a rematch

Back