What has lifting helped you with?

I lift for a few different reasons. Reason one; it keep me sane in my day to day life, it is truly a stress reliever that can never be beat. I enjoy putting my frustrations of the day on that lifeless barbell. Second I enjoy feeling rejuvenated and refreshed after each session. I feel more confident and I like lifting weights period. Lastly I enjoy having strength carry over to my day to day life I have a stronger back so that's less issues with back from lifting things throughout the day. Lifting has no negatives for me I love it.

It helped me making fun of your brother's deadlift...?

I keed I keed!

Posture

Joint health

Learning the value of organization and long-term planning

Learning it's all about setting and working towards personal goals and constantly striving to improve one's self

Hormonal balance (aka feeling good in your own body). "Mens sana in corpore sano"

Increased strength (which has countless applications in everyday life)

EDIT: chicks and looks are only natural (and unavoidable) byproducts of being healthy, strong and at good terms with yourself

Well, once a car slid on a patch of ice just before me and run over a little girl. So I run to the rescue, deadlifted the car off the girl and then pried the door open to free the elderly driver. After this I loaded them both on my shoulders and run to the nearest hospital. True story!

Well, once a car slid on a patch of ice just before me and run over a little girl. So I run to the rescue, deadlifted the car off the girl and then pried the door open to free the elderly driver. After this I loaded them both on my shoulders and run to the nearest hospital. True story!

thumbs up bro, you must have been running high on all kind of bodily substances. was that your best dl?

Seriously: I learned to listen to my body, to take it easy when necessary, to push it's limits when it feels right.
I learned how much eating lifting weights requires.
Planning longterm.
All in all I learn a lot about myself just like in general life...

thumbs up bro, you must have been running high on all kind of bodily substances. was that your best dl?

No dude, that was normal stuff. Since I started lifting this stuff happens to me all the time. It`s like Jessica Fletcher, wherever she goes someone is sure to get murdered.

Also, I just feel like a cocky asshole in the gym, thinking everyones doing everything wrong except me... Not the best attitude to have, thanks lifting.

Yeah I'm like that too after starting to lift properly. I was lifting the other day, looked away from me and see this bloke doing dumbbell squats on a bosu ball. I let out a small laugh :redface:

Lifting helped my white ass to be able to jump and dunk a basketball. Postures improving, and i've become a lot more explosive.

Hate it when you try and tell people whats best and they always go back to "i don't feel tired, i'm not doing enough"

Yeah I'm like that too after starting to lift properly. I was lifting the other day, looked away from me and see this bloke doing dumbbell squats on a bosu ball. I let out a small laugh :redface:

Lifting helped my white ass to be able to jump and dunk a basketball. Postures improving, and i've become a lot more explosive.

Hate it when you try and tell people why compound lifting is more sport important rather than isolation work and you get disregarded.

Didn't help anything in particular, but I like it and I like being stronger.

I'm sure if you asked Midmo, he'd give you permission to do curls.

Between bench, overhead press, a good amount of back work, and a bit of direct arm work, you shouldn't have tiny arms.

I hearby grant permission to all those who read this to do curls and enjoy them.

Its in the bible.

Besides the physical benifits as far as apperance goes, in theory its probably saved my life a few times already.

Does everyone here have weedy, weak arms?!

I seriously doubt it, since the vast majority of Lifters here will do some combination of Deadlift, Bench, Military Press and Chin-Ups/Pull-Ups. Impossible to do these Lifts seriously without developing strength in the arms. Along with every other muscle group.

No dude, that was normal stuff. Since I started lifting this stuff happens to me all the time. It`s like Jessica Fletcher, wherever she goes someone is sure to get murdered.

Jessica Fletcher is the most dangerous woman in the world!:eek:

Send her over to Afghanistan and order her to make friends with the Taliban - they'll all have been murdered inside a month!:icon_twis

Its just one of my favorite things to do.I love setting goals and attaining them after all the hardwork.

Posture - massively underrated. Protection from back pain.

Forget about the benefits for fighting- I'm not a pro-fighter, never will be, but when I get old (next year), my back will thank me for the years of deadlifting that made it straight and strong.

Back