What has lifting helped you with?

Gold182

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Just wondered what general day to day stuff lifting has helped you with. l'll start with a few of mine.

1.Carrying flat pack furniture, they are always rather heavy and large, but ive never had trouble carrying it from the car to the house.
2.Opening jars

What day to day stuff has lifting helped with?

Last edited:
My depression.

Once I started eating right(primal blueprint in my case) and lifting heavy things, I tossed my meds in the trash and haven't looked back. The mental transformation over just a few short months has been amazing.

My depression.

Once I started eating right(primal blueprint in my case) and lifting heavy things, I tossed my meds in the trash and haven't looked back. The mental transformation over just a few short months has been amazing.

Awesome thats really good to hear. Lifting helps keep me sane aswell.

Girls.

And, for some reason, I think it has helped me with having more fun and generally not taking things so seriously. Maybe it is a confidence thing, I don't know. But lately I have been able to live life a lot more and not worry as much about the future. But that may or may not have been caused by lifting.

My depression.

Plus Juan.

being able to bring in all of the groceries in one trip

My depression.

Awesome, its always good to read stories like this.

it's helped me with everything...in fact I made a thread a while back about what strength training CAN'T help with, I have yet to really find something.

It helped with my posture
confidence
sleep
less back pain from sitting in a desk all day
made me worry less about trying to please a gf who was pretty much messing around behind my back

Lifting heavier things.

and also, throwing car's at people for fun.

Girls.

And, for some reason, I think it has helped me with having more fun and generally not taking things so seriously. Maybe it is a confidence thing, I don't know. But lately I have been able to live life a lot more and not worry as much about the future. But that may or may not have been caused by lifting.

+1. Lifting has really improved my confidence with the ladies and when interacting with people in general. I also feel much more motivated and less worry free too as I don't let school, work and life stress me out quite as much as it used to.

When I had a bodybuilding style routine I got more bitches... I wish I could get big arms again, but after doing squats/ DL I'm too tired and anything arm related just seems like a waste...

Also, I just feel like a cocky asshole in the gym, thinking everyones doing everything wrong except me... Not the best attitude to have, thanks lifting.

Being stronger helps in bjj so mission accomplished.

When I had a bodybuilding style routine I got more bitches... I wish I could get big arms again, but after doing squats/ DL I'm too tired and anything arm related just seems like a waste...

I'm sure if you asked Midmo, he'd give you permission to do curls.

Between bench, overhead press, a good amount of back work, and a bit of direct arm work, you shouldn't have tiny arms.

Also, I just feel like a cocky asshole in the gym, thinking everyones doing everything wrong except me... Not the best attitude to have, thanks lifting.

So you're saying that shattering the childlike naivety that made you oblivous to the fact that most people don't have a clue is a bad thing?

i do this too :(
I'm weak as fuck and am fatter than almost everyone there (there's one guy who weigh's 405lbs, but he can at least bench his bodyweight) but when I see people pointing a laughing at my 170lbs squat in the cage (I think it's the cage) but they then go over to the smith machine and squat 200lbs with 1/4 ROM, I can't help but feel a level of unjustified elitism but I also guess that I'm about 50-60lbs fatter than them.

I'm actually the only one there who doesn't stand in front of the barbell rack doing curls, which is lucky because I get to hog the one squat cage they have at the gym. Ironically though I saw some people doing curls and since the last time I tried to curl I was woefully embarassed by my friend who doesn't lift at all, I decided I'd give it a shot just for grins. So after doing SS for about a month I was actually able to curl double what I could before lol, went from 25lbs to 50lbs

Back