What has Dana White done for the sport?

Name something people do just like a cow?

<31>
i hate these internet kids

<RomeroSalute>
jiluhyu dana white

<31>
they don't know what's like to run a business

<DC-Champ>
i love all the children of america

<31>
maybe I should log into my account and say something

{<BJPeen}
@Limbo Pete

<31>
damnit it's the mods

bork1}
you're the best Dana

<31>
I don't need these internet kids, all my fighters love me

<mma3>
I love you Dana White

<31>
see

In favour of it, then. Even if he didn't come up with it.

He never seemed in favor of Punk
After Punks first fight he said that Punk was done
But WME are his bosses & they answer to some heavyweight investors, so he was back

Nothing. He's been an embarrassment to it for many years now.

By not putting fighters on notice to be prepared to step into a fight if an injury occurs to the scheduled opponents, he and his crew have deprived the MMA community of some of the greatest potential fights there could have been.

Good, I'm looking for a fight!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

God I hope that’s you

Dana White has done a pretty god job for The UFC. When you think of the amount of money to be made by running a successful MMA promotion, yet nobody has provided any serious competition, that should tell you something. Affliction was looking like they could be successful because of their roster, and still they quickly failed. It's not easy to run a better promotion than Dana helps run.

He's been a little slow in realizing the value of using pro wrestling type promotional techniques, but he's starting to get it. Whether you like the Lesnar vs. Cormier angle or not, it worked in generating a lot of interest for that fight. Whether or not you like the crazy press conferences like Conor McGregor does, it works. There's nothing wrong with using those techniques to promote the fights as long as they don't start having worked fights. As long as the fights remain legitimate contests, he should be using whatever promotional techniques necessary. Most people find it entertaining except for some "purists" and the proof is in the number of PPVs that Brock and McGregor have sold.

Someone else might have refused to bring Brcok in since he worked for WWE, but Dana was willing to do it and it resulted in nothing but money. I wish Dana had found a way to get Kurt Angle into The UFC when Angle was still young enough to do it. I think Angle would have wiped the mat with Cormier and Jones.

He was against the ultimate fighter. He was against the women's division. He was against lower weightclasses for the longest time too, and now his main star was built from a weightclass he didn't want to see included.

He was behind the Reebok deal. He publicly trashes his biggest stars like GSP. He trashes up and comers too. He was so ignorant to Fedor that he wouldn't come to the organization. He brought in CM punk. He ensures fighters make pennies compared to what he makes.

He does talk a lot about how hard he works and all the "deals he's chased down" and stuff like that though. Take his word for it. Nothing would be anything without him.
Amazing how many simple minded people fall for the magical "deal maker" shtick.

IDK but didn't big time business men in WME ask him to stay on and pay him handsomely/give him a % to do so?

Obviously they think he did/brings something to the UFC

But i guess a random Sherdogger knows better

I keep hearing this phrase and I would like to know exactly what he has done for the sport.
Serious question for the older fans who were watching UFC 1, 10, 50 live.
He signed fighters that nobody else couldn't?
He marketed the UFC brand with his own original ideas?

Has he done more for the sport than guys like Chuck, Tito, Randy, BJ who made the sport more mainstream?
Or "stars" like Conor, Brock, GSP, Silva?
Or even Rogan who promoted MMA and UFC everywhere he went?
I agree with everything you just said.

IDK but didn't big time business men in WME ask him to stay on and pay him handsomely/give him a % to do so?

Obviously they think he did/brings something to the UFC

But i guess a random Sherdogger knows better

Not just WME, but the billionaire investors insisted he be part of the deal.

He comes with a lot of baggage being what an outspoken dick he is, so he must be doing something right as far as business.

Been a puppet for two great businessman.

Fired that shitty judge mid-card at the Macau fight night.
Actually that was pretty damn corrupt but it was cool.

Put his damn name on the work of other's

Perfect way to put it

but don't expect it to go over well ;)
But what did he actually do?

Didnt want women's mma (only thing I agreed on tbh)
Didn't want tuf
Didn't want brock

If he got his way who knows where the ufc would be today.

I mean I don't feel like he's the brains of the company but he's done a good job promoting a lot of shit.

Or maybe there's something I'm missing that he did?

But what did he actually do?

He ran a company for 15 years that grew more than any other sports business in that time.

Yes he didn't want WMMA or Brock ... until they proved themselves worthy of being in UFC
He told Brock to get a fight outside of UFC first ... Brock did. Then he signed Brock & they made a shitload.
He waited until RR was someone that could obviously start a division & maintain it & they made a shitload.

I think DW is a dick, but he ran the day to day for 15+ years & people who can buy & sell Lorenzo insisted he stay on when they bought UFC.

So there needs to be a reason ... otherwise he would be out, bc we all know he has enough negatives in how he acts.

He ran a company for 15 years that grew more than any other sports business in that time.

Yes he didn't want WMMA or Brock ... until they proved themselves worthy of being in UFC
He told Brock to get a fight outside of UFC first ... Brock did. Then he signed Brock & they made a shitload.
He waited until RR was someone that could obviously start a division & maintain it & they made a shitload.

I think DW is a dick, but he ran the day to day for 15+ years & people who can buy & sell Lorenzo insisted he stay on when they bought UFC.

So there needs to be a reason ... otherwise he would be out, bc we all know he has enough negatives in how he acts.

You describe him as a decision maker in the company.
Whether you're right and he is/was in charge of Operations, or I'm right and he's just a representative/spokeperson/BizDev, decision maker he's definitely not.

And he's not out because he's good at what he's going - represents

You describe him as a decision maker in the company.
Whether you're right and he is/was in charge of Operations, or I'm right and he's just a representative/spokeperson/BizDev, decision maker he's definitely not.

And he's not out because he's good at what he's going - represents

Ugh
I described him as EXACTLY what his job entails
DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS
Within that he makes a lot of decisions obviously
Of course the larger majority owners make the major decisions ... that is Business 101

Back