What has been your motivation?

SELF DEF-the college i went to was NUTS, an i couldn't let myself be caught in a situation not knowing how to def myself and/or fight; i do it for fun now, but still w/ the motive of being able to def myself and/or teach my child how to def herself.

To tell you the truth, I really don't have or need much of a source of motivation besides the fact that I truly love BJJ...
I think about it maybe 10 out of my 18 waking hours of the day (or so it feels like)

I guess an external motivator would be to move up in belt ranking, but even that is secondary...

I got into wrestling partly because I wanted something to do and my uncle was a good wrestler. I also wanted to know how to fight and thought wrestling around with friends was fun. Then I got into MMA and figured I could learn the ground game and maybe compete later. Also I could be in great shape and get chicks (that part never happened....)

I stay with it because at first I didn't want to quit it, however it's mostly because I truly enjoy it alot, have nothing else to do and want to be a champion or at least a exceptionally good.

i love everything about fighting...and training is some of the most fun i've ever had in my life

i train jiu jitsu because i love it. It's not about being a "tough guy" or getting a "higher belt". If i didn't enjoy it as much as i did i would so something else. as simple as that.

i train jiu jitsu because i love it. It's not about being a "tough guy" or getting a "higher belt". If i didn't enjoy it as much as i did i would so something else. as simple as that.

My motivation is the natural high I get after an intense workout. Nothing feels better than the feeling i get after completely wasting myself while grappling.

Back