What has been the most devastating knock out punch in the history of UFC?

Top 3 would be Hendo/Bisping, Ngannou/Overeem, and Rashad/Chuck in no particular order. Can't think of any others that completely obliterated the opponent like these 3 did.

You sure? Even more than overhand?

I feel like the Diaz v Lawler KO is really a short hook, and not a jab... which gives the lead hook the statistical advantage even among the gifs you've chosen.

Also, a lot of old school trainers will tell you there's no such thing as a rear hand hook. I tend to agree. The mechanics of a hook involve locking the shoulder and elbow in more or less a static position while rotating your torso through the impact to generate power. You need to be awfully flexible to manage any power that way with your rear hand. Not to mention your opponent needs to be kissing you on the mouth to be close enough to connect with any force.

paul-daley-cheap-shot.gif

left hook

rashad's right hand on chuck liddell pretty much killed the iceman and his ability to take a shot

Anyone play the original UFC game on Dreamcast? In the intro to the game, there are a bunch of highlights, and the KO shown here always seemed pretty sick. I feel like it's Ron "H2O"Waterman throwing the punch, but I could be wrong.

Man, as a college freshman, I remember being so into this game that I told some chick who was into me that I was busy. The worst part is that I told her this even after she came to my dorm room looking for me, haha.

At work and on my phone so videos aren't loading, nor can I embed, but if Brad Kohler isn't on this list yet...

Matt Riddles TUF KO where he broke the guys jaw was pretty devastating to listen to.

To answer the TS... an overhand right is the single most devastating punch, but I'd guess most knockouts were from right hooks.

Tank Abbott vs Steve Nelmark

Anyone play the original UFC game on Dreamcast? In the intro to the game, there are a bunch of highlights, and the KO shown here always seemed pretty sick. I feel like it's Ron "H2O"Waterman throwing the punch, but I could be wrong.

Man, as a college freshman, I remember being so into this game that I told some chick who was into me that I was busy. The worst part is that I told her this even after she came to my dorm room looking for me, haha.

The best game. Second one was good too, but this was the shit. Bruce Buffer Jeet Kun Do.

@Magooglie bless

Back