What has been cowboys best performance in the UFC?

His fight vs. Nate Diaz.
Just kidding, gonna go with Alvarez. Came back from a big flurry, dominated the rest od the fight, pretty much broke all the hype for both Alvarez and Chandler. And for Bellator's LW division, in general, too, I guess. Also, I just love destruction by leg kicks =).

His fight vs. Nate Diaz.
Just kidding, gonna go with Alvarez. Came back from a big flurry, dominated the rest od the fight, pretty much broke all the hype for both Alvarez and Chandler. And for Bellator's LW division, in general, too, I guess. Also, I just love destruction by leg kicks =).

Why did it break all the hype for Bellator's lw division when it was one octagon debut fight (Pettis technically lost his to Guida) chosen by the UFC, and when Alvarez should have lost to Chandler both times (first by finish), and Brooks just beat Chandler. How do you validly break all the hype for a division based on that minute of a biased sample? And why is it so important for you for hype of a competing promotion of UFC (who doesn't pay you presumably) to artificially be broken?

Was that against Edson Barbosa that he kinda got rocked by an early flurry then came back and got a 1st round finish? I wanna say be head kick, but could be wrong..that impressed me.

I think the dunham fight was his best all around. Completely outclassed him on the feet the triangles him for the finish.

Why did it break all the hype for Bellator's lw division when it was one octagon debut fight (Pettis technically lost his to Guida) chosen by the UFC, and when Alvarez should have lost to Chandler both times (first by finish), and Brooks just beat Chandler.
Let's not discuss who won their second fight, it's recorded as a win for Alvarez. I agree with the Brooks loss part, forgot it happened before Alvarez' debut.

How do you validly break all the hype for a division based on that minute of a biased sample?
Well, their former champ lost to someone who wasn't near title contendership in the UFC. After that, ultimately, all the "Chandler would beat the whole UFC LW division" talk wasn't making any sense. And thanks for bringing up his loss to Brooks, that's another reason.

And why is it so important for you for hype of a competing promotion of UFC (who doesn't pay you presumably) to artificially be broken?
Lol do you see my address? So the UFC are now paying a Russian to promote them and critic their rival orgs? =))

Oh, and about Pettis. Alvarez didn't lose just "technically' but got destroyed.
And of course, I don't mean to bash Alvarez.

Let's not discuss who won their second fight, it's recorded as a win for Alvarez. I agree with the Brooks loss part, forgot it happened before Alvarez' debut.

Let's always discuss realities, because what the majority of 3 middle aged guys from wrestling or boxing think don't determine them. The media more reflects reality because they provide a vastly larger sample, cover MMA exclusively, and are passionate about the particular sport. And in the Alvarez-Chandler 2 fight, they had Chandler winning by a pretty wide margin; 10-3. With that in mind, and the finish in the first fight by Chandler, and the win by Brooks, it would be pretty disingenuous to act like Alvarez was Bellator's best because he was technically champion. In reality he was more like #3.

Well, their former champ lost to someone who wasn't near title contendership in the UFC. After that, ultimately, all the "Chandler would beat the whole UFC LW division" talk wasn't making any sense. And thanks for bringing up his loss to Brooks, that's another reason.

Their #3, in his octagon debut, in a 3-round fight, lost to a guy who actually right now seems like a UFC contender, that the UFC got to pick for style purposes (styles make fights as they say), not Bellator. It doesn't prove much on a macro level in reality.

Predictions of Chandler becoming UFC champ became farfetched when he started proving he would become significantly gassy around the middle of fights. He was a beast in the first 2-3 rounds. He's been fighting for 5 rounds in Bellator for a while. You put him in the 3 rounds in UFC he projects to do better than Alvarez did, especially. And Brooks better than him, considering how their 2nd fight went.

Lol do you see my address? So the UFC are now paying a Russian to promote them and critic their rival orgs? =))

Yeah, I read that you are Russian, so I'll give you a break that you didn't understand I said presumably you AREN'T being paid by UFC. So that makes me get your motivation here even less.

Oh, and about Pettis. Alvarez didn't lose just "technically' but got destroyed.

And of course, I don't mean to bash Alvarez.

Alvarez didn't technically get destroyed. He was beating up Cerrone pretty badly in the 1st round of their fight and then didn't get finished. He just comfortably got beaten.

But if you're bashing anyone, it should be Alvarez. Because he lost. Chandler nor Brooks nor Sarnavskiy nor Held, etc. did.

I was at the event where he fought Jeremy Stephens and he obliterated him.

Let's always discuss realities, because what the majority of 3 middle aged guys from wrestling or boxing think don't determine them. The media more reflects reality because they provide a vastly larger sample, cover MMA exclusively, and are passionate about the particular sport. And in the Alvarez-Chandler 2 fight, they had Chandler winning by a pretty wide margin; 10-3. With that in mind, and the finish in the first fight by Chandler, and the win by Brooks, it would be pretty disingenuous to act like Alvarez was Bellator's best because he was technically champion. In reality he was more like #3.

Their #3, in his octagon debut, in a 3-round fight, lost to a guy who actually right now seems like a UFC contender, that the UFC got to pick for style purposes (styles make fights as they say), not Bellator. It doesn't prove much on a macro level in reality.

Predictions of Chandler becoming UFC champ became farfetched when he started proving he would become significantly gassy around the middle of fights. He was a beast in the first 2-3 rounds. He's been fighting for 5 rounds in Bellator for a while. You put him in the 3 rounds in UFC he projects to do better than Alvarez did, especially. And Brooks better than him, considering how their 2nd fight went.

Yeah, I read that you are Russian, so I'll give you a break that you didn't understand I said presumably you AREN'T being paid by UFC. So that makes me get your motivation here even less.

Alvarez didn't technically get destroyed. He was beating up Cerrone pretty badly in the 1st round of their fight and then didn't get finished. He just comfortably got beaten.

But if you're bashing anyone, it should be Alvarez. Because he lost. Chandler nor Brooks nor Sarnavskiy nor Held, etc. did.

Ok, to avoid a series of long posts that this was a fight between top 3 Bellator lw and, at the time, maybe top 5 ufc lw where Alvarez could not capitalize on his initial success and lost the rest of the fight decisively.
I believe that allows us to compare the level of promotions' lw divisions, which was in favor of ufc. Now, I think ufc's lw division was already considered the best, the fight just cemented it.

Probably Jim Miller or Edson Barboza off the top of my head. I would have to rewatch a couple fights to have a better idea for sure.

Which round are you talking about? I presume the final round? Because the kimuras I was talking about were in the final round, but Cerrone came close to a bunch of subs in multiple rounds.

And no, Ben doesn't get credit in terms of the scoring. Yes, it's very impressive he managed to survive those sub attempts, but they were very, very "deep" subs. Cerrone was much, much closer to finishing the fight than Bendo ever was, therefore, IMO, his offense was much more effective than Bendo.

Do you give Frankie credit for surviving Gray Maynard onslaught in the first rounds of their title fights? Of course not. Sure, it's impressive, but Maynard won those rounds. I feel the same about Bendo v Cerrone.

Cerrone won rounds 1, 4, 5, IMO.

I'm referring to the first. Cerrone clearly won 4 and 5.

I think his come back KO of Melvin Guilard was outstanding.

I was personally really impressed with him in the Alvarez fight, seems to completely shut Eddie down.

I'd say Eddie. First round I thought ed would put him out with those shots

I think there are 3

How he survived Eddie Alvarez' flurry and crippled him in the last round. That's a huge win, Eddie is a tough fighter to figure out.

How he stopped Jim Miller and gave him his 1st TKO loss in 30 fights.

Also how he came back after the Diaz fight and turned the Jeremy Stephens fight into a target practice

Him Embarassing jury for 3 rounds saved the jones/DC card for me. Will always be a fan after that even if he never gates the belt.

Back