What Happens When You Fight A Guy Your Same Size?

Bobby No Sex

White Belt
Reaction score
i am a Jones fan and i really respect his game and the way he fights. but in my observance is that, if guys are the same size as him and young just like him he wouldn't be as great as he is. he fought guys who are small and old that's why he looked spectacular. all gustaffson ever did besides being tough was that jab jab hook and bones was in trouble. imagine Jones fighting a guy who is skilled and big as him he'll get caught.

agreed, if all Jones fights were against Gus he would look as good as he has. Thats what you were getting at right?

All this size talk. Don't they all weigh in the same? Sometimes there are disadvantages to being tall and lanky. your opponents need to capitalize. thats like saying "if GSP only fought guys with his combination of strength and quickness, he'd look more normal. Of course he would. But that's not how it works. There is one guy with GSP's physical characteristics and skill set, and one guy with Jones's physicall characteristics and skill set. This can go on and on. Bottom line, Gus is a very skilled fighter, as all the top contenders are and Jones beat him. Jones needs training partners to push him.

Back