What happens to their ATG standing

quickdraw***

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So with Pacquiao vs. Mayweather looming ahead I found myself wondering, what happens to the winner and loser of this fight. Whoever triumpths in this clash of titans, what about him whoever he may be. Does him automatically get shot up into the top 5 of all time? Does he hang out in the top 10 or do some of you think it's of no consequence? How about the loser? If PAC were to lose since so many already put him top ten does he lose that spot? Does Mayweather fall into obsecurity? I'm very interested in what you think.

Do any of you view this as a make or break fight or eaither fighter?

This is just my opinion. I don't think it is a make or break fight for either of them. It is hard to tell where they will land on ATG cause there careers still have yrs left on them, but I try.As of right now I would put Floyd around 15 and Pac at around 13 in MY ATG list.

I break down Floyd first.

If he doesn't take the fight, he will have to take more fights then he might want. For most to give him any credit after not taking this fight, he will have to atleast make it to 50-0. To make any into the top 10 on any ATG list.

If he take the fight and wins. I think it puts him in the top 10(around 8-9) but not the 5 in MY ATG list. For Floyd to make it into MY top 5 ATG list, he would have to take this fight and another recognized Champion(Not a belt holder but a Champion) and probably one more risky fight.

If he take the fight and loses. I think it keeps him out of the top 20 on anyone ATG list.

Now here is MY break down of Pac.

If the fight isn't made, then i can still see him making into some people to ten on their ATG, cause of what he has already done.

If Pac take the fight and wins, then he make my top ten ATG list.(around 6-7)For him to make my top 5 then he too would have to beat atleast one Real champion of a div. Altough I do hold Floyd as the WW champ cause of the mosely fight. I don't hold Cotto or Diaz as one. so it would be the first real title for Pac that I recognize since JMM. That's just MY opinion.

If Pac takes the fight and loses. I think he still stay in the top 20 of most people ATG list, cause of what he already done. Not the seven title in seven wieght classes but him moving up to fight guys that are bigger then him and beating the way he did is very impressive and should be recognized.

For either of them to make it to my number 2 spot would be hard, harder then most people think it should be. Both would have to win and then some. I say number 2 cause Flex "Tito" Trinidad ain't going nowhere. The Greatest of alltime.

This is just MY opinion and no way is it fact. It is just how a feel about both of there careers.

Fuck no... I don't have Sugar Ray Leonard on the top 15 and Ray Leonard is ahead of Mayweather.

The Tito comment made me throw up a little bit in my mouth. I wouldn't even rank him in top 75.

What wrong Duck, you don't like Tito cause he's pretty then Serigo.

tito.jpg

vs

weigh_1%281%29.jpg

shit just got real.....................weird

Tito is an ugly motha fucka. What the fuck you talking about?

Yeah he is, but You want to know the hard part was trying to find a bad pic of Sergio.

Last edited:
Like it or not its a fact that Tito is an all time great.

As the all time greats go its hard to pin point because of peoples different criteria. I have different orders when I go by peoples skill in the ring (this is the one I use to judge fighters)compared to say fighters accomplishments.

ATG that cheats? Sure thing...

Great punching arsenal is all I am going to give him. Big fish in a small pond, few big wins against guys who clearly were not ready to step up, took advantage, and ruined them (i.e., Vargas, Reid), and can't avoid a jab if his life depended on it. Overrated... I say he's a good fighter, but great is pushing it.

Back