What happens to the hype...

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Honestly, what do you all think will happen if the following things happen?:

- Conor fights at 196 and wins a 49-46 UD over Diaz.
- Is told by the UFC that he has to defend his FW title, faces Edgar at UFC 200 and loses a 50-45 UD.
- Then moves up to 155 fights RDA for the title and loses by TKO in Round 4.

What happens then? Now I know things are extremely unlikely to go just like this, but it's not completely unrealistic for him to lose to Frankie and RDA.

What happens to all the memes, all the GOAT claims, all the big money paydays, the title shots etc.

Do you think he'll still be a huge draw and bring in viewers like Chael did (even after losses) or do you think he'd dwindle into just being another guy again?

There is nothing like a loss for everyone to jump off the bandwagon... what do you think?

I am getting the feeling that if McGregor loses, lots of accounts will suddenly disappear from this website.

He'll always be a big draw win or lose.

I kind of hope he loses, just so the bandwagoners can gtfo.

I am getting the feeling that if McGregor loses, lots of accounts will suddenly disappear from this website.
Ah, so it will be the exact same as when he wins...

Don't sleep on Nate, I wanted this fight to happen when Nate called him out and felt it should have happend before he fought RDA anyway

This.

Also. This will never happen. Dana will use all his money or even take RDA/Frankie's entire family hostage just to make sure that Conor wins.

Hardly, as he beaten Aldo in record time and hardly anything changed around here.
You must have missed all the account bets, lessons seem to have been learned finally as I've not noticed many for the RDA/DIAZ fight.

You must have missed all the account bets, lessons seem to have been learned finally as I've not noticed many for the RDA/DIAZ fight.

Oh no sir, i did notice there were more than the average account bets on here and dutifully lost but i am assuming much more will be lost if McGrgeor loses, im not speaking about the "loyal" intelligent poster, i am speaking about these newer posters that have been making wild claims about McGregor.

One loss above 145 won't hurt him much (unless he gets murdered and bloodied and cries)

Two losses or losing a belt (without gaining another first) would be a big hit to his wallet long term and would shake a percentage of his less committed fanbase.

Great thread! Let me give you some ideas for other great threads:

- What happens to the hype if he gets DQed for hitting Nate below the belt, is forced to fight Frankie and wins but is found to have used steroids and then after 2 years he comes back as a 205er and beats Jones for the title?

- What happens to the hype if Conor gets hit by a bus, loses a leg which forces the UFC to make a male straw weight division, Paige Van Zant announces she is going to have a sex change and gets a penis implanted and Conor beats her using a figure four leg lock even though he only has one leg?

- What happens to the hype if Diaz KOs him in 13 seconds, he is forced to fight Aldo at 145 and gets subbed with 4 seconds left in the 5th round, and then he loses to Robbie while fighting for the WW championship?

- What happens to the hype if Nate pulls out, Eddie Alvarez fills in, Conor announces Dee is pregnant after he loses by 50-43 on all cards, he takes 5 years off to raise his kid and then comes back and loses to a 45 year old Dennis Siver?

Dudes always going to be a huge draw no matter what . That being said I don't see any of those things happening because he's just really,really good. I expect him to be a Champ at some weight class for a long while. Probably 155.

Half of Sherdog is purged of the multiple angry undignified men.

Back