What happens if Smith beats Shogun?

What happens if Smith beats Shogun?

We Laugh like Brock :

serveimage

Sucks for Smith, if he loses and Shogun fights DC, does Shogun even stand chance? I think only if the weight cut affects DC negatively. Which is not out of the question

If Shogun wins he is getting a title shot. If Smith wins he moves up a bit in the rankings and the top 3 figure out a title or interim.

Nothing happens. Yeah he's posting Ws but they're the equivalent of taking Old Yeller out behind the shed and putting him out of his misery.

Smith will have to impressively beat at least one non-shot fighter before he gets put in the title discussion.

no...christ what the fuck lmao.

if he wins he'd be on a 2 fight win streak over extremely shot rashad and shogun.

He’ll get hated because he beat two past prime former champs, because Sherdoggers find reasons to shit on anything.

There is always the KO chance, I doubt he'll win, he has slow reflexes and shogun is great at rushing in with powerful combos. Smith probably has a 15-20% chance of winning most of his wins are finishes where he is losing the decision.

matt-hardy-delete-gif.gif
If that happens I will delete it from memory like his loss to Chael

I have a feeling smith is going to take shogun out. If he does, does he fight DC? I suppose it would depend on post fight injuries since both guys have real potential to hurt the other in this fight, but would the UFC make a title with such an unknown? (from a mainstream perspective)

Who else is there for DC? Gus 2?

Personally I would watch smith vs DC but I can't see it happening. I do see smith giving DC a decent fight. Especially if DC is serious about fighting at LHW before the end of the year. That cut is going to be tougher than ever. It might just weaken him enough to get into a war with smith, and then leave us with a battered DC fighting Brock in Feb.... Oh no, have I just uncovered the secret WME plan behind giving DC a chance at two belts? Wear him down and bring in Brock? ;O
View attachment 409071

LOL every time UFC attempts to do something like this, their plan goes horribly wrong...

I have a feeling smith is going to take shogun out. If he does, does he fight DC? I suppose it would depend on post fight injuries since both guys have real potential to hurt the other in this fight, but would the UFC make a title with such an unknown? (from a mainstream perspective)

Who else is there for DC? Gus 2?

Personally I would watch smith vs DC but I can't see it happening. I do see smith giving DC a decent fight. Especially if DC is serious about fighting at LHW before the end of the year. That cut is going to be tougher than ever. It might just weaken him enough to get into a war with smith, and then leave us with a battered DC fighting Brock in Feb.... Oh no, have I just uncovered the secret WME plan behind giving DC a chance at two belts? Wear him down and bring in Brock? ;O
View attachment 409071

Dc aint going back to lhw so if smith beats shogun idk maybe he can be in the vacant lhw title fight but probably not. Probably gus v. someone else, even khalil

If smith wins he gets a top guy like Gus, and then gets a title shot. Similar to OSP, but OSP fought a tougher Shogun.

We cry.

In reality we all say we saw the loss coming, Smith fights another top 10, Shogun fights sometime next year against a 5-10 rank guy, and LHW remains a shit show.

Lionheart is an awesome new signing, but hell no hes not ready for a TS. Is ready for Shogun though. Could get KOd or gets the KO himself, even fight.

I dont think DC returns to LHW. The Gus rematch is the only competitive fight there and it did not sell last time. Fights Brock and retires.

Smith gets a LHW shitle tot for beating 2 former champs back to back

I just saw that Glover is fighting on the same card's co-main event.

Why aren't we getting Shogun vs Glover????
That's a good question, maybe the matchmakers thought smith was a better opponent for shogun? maybe the two didn't want to fight since they are both old school Brazilians? This might need it's own thread

I think he gets the winner of Glover/Anderson next.

idk but anthony smith fighting for a title would be pathetic and would really sum up how low 205 has sunk too. they need to get rockhold, weidman, romero etc. those big MW's that are really 205ers to the division ASAP

Back