What happens if Jones gets a criminal record?

Dirge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Curious about what would occur if he is actually charged and convicted of some sort of felony for the car crash he caused.

There have been a few cases where UFC fighters have not been able to get visa's into other countries because of existing criminal records. Assuming Jones is convicted of something felony related (and he should) would this prevent him from fighting in certain countries? Canada has some pretty stringent rules about issuing work visa's to convicted felons.

Might make for an interesting time when Jones returns, grabs back his belt and then is only able to defend it in the US and other countries that don't care about such things.

Will the UFC really want a champ that can't fight on international cards?

do they let big draw USA champs fight anywhere else but vegas?

He'll fight in the states, they do the vast majority of PPV's from the US anyways.

Yes, the UFC will want it's most dominating fighter of all time and biggest LHW draw at the moment.

is it really a question of if? sounds like they have him pretty much dead to rights.

He already has a criminal record. It shouldn't make too much of a difference if he gets another conviction. If it affects his fight licensure overseas, UFC will just book him in Vegas.

is it really a question of if? sounds like they have him pretty much dead to rights.

Some issues with victim cooperation. They should have moved forward already. At least the stories that have been posted here claim as much.

He mostly fights in New Jersey and Las Vegas.

do they let big draw USA champs fight anywhere else but vegas?

He fought Shogun in New Jersey, Rampage in Denver, Machida in Toronto, Rashad in Atlanta, Vitor in Toronto, Chael in Jersey, Gus in Toronto and Glover in Baltimore. He's surprisingly one of the most transient champs. The Cormier fight was his only title defense in Vegas.

Last edited:
99.999% the case is going to end in a settlement and the charges will be dropped. See mayweathers history. Currently the court is waiting on the defense to "present the police report." meaning the defense is holding on to the police report in exchange for a $$$ settlement. If that happens charges will be dropped and JJ vs. DC 2 will be booked. I expect it to happen within a month or 2.

Some issues with victim cooperation. They should have moved forward already. At least the stories that have been posted here claim as much.

I heard that, too. I believe the DA is having issues moving forward as they are lacking the medical records from the victim. And those records that outline the injuries sustained in the crash are obviously a huge part of the case. The broken arm is what makes this a felony and not a misd.

I could easily see Jones walking away from this free and clear before the end of the year.

yeah something tells me he's going to get the old OJ pass here.

You mean like Gus- The guy who you guys cheered on religiously against Jones?

The same guy who's served time for multiple assaults, including on a woman?

He'll settle and be back within 6 months.

if Jones gets a jail record, it makes him an NFL player.

the vast majority of the UFC's money is made in the US. As long as he can get licensed in Nevada, he'll be fine.

Back