What happens if Cain gets hurt prior to rematch with Werdum: postpone or replacement?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It wouldn't be unlikely that Cain gets hurt in training prior to his rematch for the HW strap against Werdum. Cain was laid off with a training injury and surgeries for so long that there was an interim champ crowned.

If Cain gets hurt prior to his rematch with Werdum for the UFC HW strap do you think that they would postpone the fight or have a replacement fighter step in against the champ?

If Cain gets injured and needs say, knee surgery, he could be out for a long, long time. I don't see the UFC holding up the HW title for another year or longer. You've got Stipe, JDS, or Arlovski that could all jump in as a replacement and most people wouldn't be upset.

100% sure they would replace. They won't wait on Cain anymore, hence the reason Werdum held the interim belt to begin with.

Don't curse him lol. Never mention Cain getting injured or the Scottish play it's bad luck.

If Junior can fight against Werdoom - replace, if not - postpone

They got JDS/Overeem same month and will have Andrei/Mir winner ready in case, and Rothwell/Miocic winner will be ready as well. They have a few back ups in case.

Postpone. Cain has earned his shot. Name me one other fighter who's beaten more than 2 fighters in the last 5 years.

Fire him. dead serious.

Or stick him on fight pass forever.

The UFC has given Cain more than enough chances, and he's managed to mess up almost every single time. This would be the last straw for the UFC.

Postpone. Cain has earned his shot. Name me one other fighter who's beaten more than 2 fighters in the last 5 years.

Arlovski has 3 almost. Browne, BF, and Schaub.

Earned his shot? He fought the same 2 fighters for 5 fighters (JDS, Bigfoot) over the course of years and when he finally fought someone different (Werdum), he lost.

You act like he's got a Matt Hughes, Anderson Silva, or GSP winning streak as champ.

They would postpone it...

The UFC wants Cain as champion for some odd reason.

Arlovski has 3 almost. Browne, BF, and Schaub.

Earned his shot? He fought the same 2 fighters for 5 fighters (JDS, Bigfoot) and when he finally fought someone different (Werdum), he lost.

You act like he's got a Matt Hughes, Anderson Silva, or GSP winning streak as champ.

Actually Arlovski has 9, or 10 if you count Sylvia. That's way more than Cain. I take it back I guess

I hope he doesn't get injured and actually fights Werdum so he can lose again and solidify Werdum as the fucking Heavyweight GOAT.

Some high profile fighter on the stand by, if UFC didn't became 100% Brainless.

I hope this fight doesn't happen. Cain just doesn't deserve the fight, for as long as he's been away from the sport to the solid beating he took from Werdum, I think it would be best for all parties (Cain, UFC, fans) to give Cain 1 or 2 lower tier guys to knock off the ring rust, build some confidence back, and re-legitimize himself.

If Cain wins then what? You almost have to have a rubber match with Werdum then. At that point Cain's resume will be JDS 3 times (he may even fight him again), Werdum (3 times), Bigfoot (2 times)

Replace him. He doesn't deserve an immediate rematch to begin with so he sure as heck doesn't deserve for the UFC to postpone and wait on him.

If he gets hurt again he needs to call it quits and find a different job.

replacement which will be Rosholt hopefully.

I like your dedication but he needs to beat at least 1 top 20 fighter before he gets a title shot in today's UFC. Though Joe Soto got a short notice title shot for his first UFC fight so why not Rosholt.

Back