What Happened with Team Alpha Male's, Master Thong?

Hardkore

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
It was announced a few days Bang Ludwig will take over as head trainer for Team Alpha Male.
And even before this occurred, Master Thong wasn't in the team's corner the last few fights, including Urijah's bout with Barao. Which seemed odd to me as I thought Urijah and him were super tight.
Does anyone train there and knows what happened or has the full scoop?

Yea I'm curious about that as well. Everywhere I looked it just says that Ludwig will be replacing Master Thong, but they don't say why.

Maybe Thong wanted to move on to something else? Maybe they had a fight? Maybe Faber fired him just because.

Sounds like a, 'your dad went on vacation and never came back" scenario.

Yea I'm curious about that as well. Everywhere I looked it just says that Ludwig will be replacing Master Thong, but they don't say why.

Maybe Thong wanted to move on to something else? Maybe they had a fight? Maybe Faber fired him just because.

Conspiracy theorist that I am, I think because none of TAM guys have been able to get over the hump, they needed to change things up or a fall guy for their shortcomings(sorry I couldn't resist).

He was gone for 6 weeks but he's back Urijah posted a picture of them together on instagram.

My old junior high tennis coach was fucking rad and he left for Mexico for "a week" and never came back, it sucked. My last boxing coach also left for "a couple weeks" and never came back. That sucked too.

I think a lot of these guys who were pro/semi pro at something and never made it big and become coaches end up kind of like drifters, always on the move looking for the next opportunity, never finding one good enough to stay.

It was announced a few days Bang Ludwig will take over as head trainer for Team Alpha Male.
And even before this occurred, Master Thong wasn't in the team's corner the last few fights, including Urijah's bout with Barao. Which seemed odd to me as I thought Urijah and him were super tight.
Does anyone train there and knows what happened or has the full scoop?

I was listening to an interview with Ludwig, can't remember where, but he said that that he disappeared on them and they couldn't get in touch with him, and then a couple days before that interview after they already hired him, Thong showed back up. At this point, Ludwig is supposed to be the head coach, and Thong isn't going to be under him but basically there to keep helping everybody out.

I was listening to an interview with Ludwig, can't remember where, but he said that that he disappeared on them and they couldn't get in touch with him, and then a couple days before that interview after they already hired him, Thong showed back up. At this point, Ludwig is supposed to be the head coach, and Thong isn't going to be under him but basically there to keep helping everybody out.

The whole situation sounds really odd to me, and I suspect there other things behind the scenes. However, if this is all true, master thong's actions was extremely unprofessional to say the least.

The whole situation sounds really odd to me, and I suspect there other things behind the scenes. However, if this is all true, master thong's actions was extremely unprofessional to say the least.

Master Thong Diaz'd Alpha Male.

He had to go film Hangover III. You would think Urijah would have been more understanding.

Back