What happened with in Cro Cop vs. King Mo fight?

Was mo out cold?
I wouldn't say out cold, but his legs left from under him, and he was in a very bad spot getting hit with some mean gnp from a guy with a ton of power.

The stoppage was well timed and a good example of how refs can protect you from being tough

for some reason cro cop gets like +75 takedown defense rating in the ring as opposed to the cage. like some weird videogame shit

besides that early takedown from catching cro cops low kick cro was stuffing mo over and over

needless to say mi a big fan of cro cop
There is a reason for that. 1 is that the ropes allow him to get his hips back a bit further. Second is that he understands the angles of the ring much better than the octagon. Fedor is the same way. Watch his movement in the ring, then watch it in a cage. Looks very very wrong in a cage because the angles are different, and cutting it off means something different.

I would not go that far.
It just looked like a stupid move on Mo's part

It's not the first stupid move of his, either. Mo sometimes drops his hands and acts likes he's a young Anderson Silva/RJJ or something. And he managed to lose to Emmanuel Newton twice.

Experience,best TD defence in mma,strenght,wars,justice...

Best TDD? This is a guy who ended up getting pounded out on the ground by Roy "I ain't no Olympic Wrestler" Nelson...and got submitted via a headlock by Oliynik.

Best TDD? This is a guy who ended up getting pounded out on the ground by Roy "I ain't no Olympic Wrestler" Nelson...and got submitted via a headlock by Oliynik.

Cro cop had a bicep injury going into that fight. Notice how he doesn't throw a single right on this gif

4.gif

Ligament in half. He didn't pull out of the fight. Show some respect

Cro cop had a bicep injury going into that fight. Notice how he doesn't throw a single right on this gif

4.gif

Ligament in half. He didn't pull out of the fight. Show some respect

I didn't show any disrespect. However, the comment that Cro-Cop has the world's best TDD is ridiculous. Even when he fought Gonzaga (almost 10 years ago) he was taken down within the first minute of the fight.

The body kick at the end of the first changed the whole fight. You could see Mo was done after that and was in desperation mode. He's too undersized for Japan Cro Cop.
Mo is usually pretty comfortable on his feet, but that body shot did in his confidence and panic wrestling set in.

The last left hand that dropped him looked like some shit outa rocky. Anything thinking this was fixed has listened to too many stories about Japanese MMA from guys like Chael (I'm a fan of his outside of this topic).

I didn't show any disrespect. However, the comment that Cro-Cop has the world's best TDD is ridiculous. Even when he fought Gonzaga (almost 10 years ago) he was taken down within the first minute of the fight.

If he had dug to the body a little early in that flurry I think he might have actually had him. As soon as he went to it hard Roy had to move and Cro Cop looked like he had a bit of muscle failure from throwing 1000000 straight left hands.

Ref stopped fight pretty quick but Mo was in a poor defense position so probably did him a favor. Seems refs were quick to call fights when opponents of more popular fighters in trouble.

for some reason cro cop gets like +75 takedown defense rating in the ring as opposed to the cage. like some weird videogame shit

besides that early takedown from catching cro cops low kick cro was stuffing mo over and over

needless to say mi a big fan of cro cop
It is easier to take a man down in a cage than in a ring.

In a ring even when near the ropes, you can sprawl by pushing your legs out uder the bottom rope and lean your body towards opponent.

Fence gives you no space, while ropes are moveable and are not a fixed wall, so you can push your butt back, squat and defend wrestling.

As others have stated... Cro Cop had a complete torn right bicep in the Nelson fight but Mirko was too stubborn to cancel the fight. Nelson took the easy way out by going for take downs

Back