What happened with cejudo ankle? I cant hear interview

RogerD

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
hiya sherbros,
I'd really like to know what Henry cejudo said was happening with his ankle early in the fight. Joe Rogan asked him about this.
I'm deaf and closed captions isn't on the videos being shown.
Much appreciated!

He said MM got him with some good leg kicks and it messed him up for a bit

IIRC he said he took a calf kick early and it went dead for a bit

I believe he said MM hit him with a calf crusher and it hurt him which in turn lead to him turning his ankle. I was shocked how quickly he recovered because it looked pretty bad for a minute there. Glad it didn't stiffen up on the stool bc those guys gave us an all time great technical battle

I believe he said MM hit him with a calf crusher and it hurt him which in turn lead to him turning his ankle. I was shocked how quickly he recovered because it looked pretty bad for a minute there. Glad it didn't stiffen up on the stool bc those guys gave us an all time great technical battle
Is your sherdo g playing up too? I think I've done 4\ double posts in 10 mins . Anyway he just rolled it i think

It’s a condition called “foot drop.” The kick deadened the nerve and he was no longer able to lift the front of his foot off the ground. It eventually went away.

Is your sherdo g playing up too? I think I've done 4\ double posts in 10 mins . Anyway he just rolled it i

O for fuck sake

tenor.gif

Is your sherdo g playing up too? I think I've done 4\ double posts in 10 mins . Anyway he just rolled it i think
Yea I messaged an admin and he said there is a glitch today should be fixed shortly from what I was told. I posted a double thread

It’s a condition called “foot drop.” The kick deadened the nerve and he was no longer able to lift the front of his foot off the ground. It eventually went away.

This is the correct answer. FWIW the nerve that was injured is the common peroneal nerve. It courses around the fibula just below the outside of the knee, and one of those early kicks must have hit it perfectly. Rogan was instinctively correct that the redness behind/around Cejudo's knee was related to his ankle/foot problem, though he had no idea why.

2min. 18 seconds. He tells us what happened. Just push play, I set it up to that part of interview.

honestly, that looked like problem with nerves.. I hope not, though..

Back