What happened to this forum?

I just went back and read the treatise that Carnal wrote and its pretty obvious that a lot of what he said back then was accepted as rule. Lift heavy, eat lots, get big. I'm not sure a new, young lifter today could relate.
Yeah but those are the rule. You're not gonna see anyone add 30lbs lean body weight or putting up numbers without it.

I only come back to this forum every few months to see if Jaunty's secret agent lifestyle has caught up with him yet.

Though I'm not sure how I would distinguish "currently a prisoner of the Taliban" from "got fed up with Sherdog and stopped posting".

Yeah but those are the rule. You're not gonna see anyone add 30lbs lean body weight or putting up numbers without it.

Ah, but new powerlifters today seem more worried about wiks and weight. I've worked my fair share of events and meets and weigh-ins are far more important to the new lifters now than they were even 5 years ago.

Ah, but new powerlifters today seem more worried about wiks and weight. I've worked my fair share of events and meets and weigh-ins are far more important to the new lifters now than they were even 5 years ago.

Like, you see people trying to cut weight more now adays?

Also consider the amount of information available now, good information, compared to when we signed up. Back then there was very little combat sport oriented training information, it was either powerlifting or bodybuilding. What did we have for resources? Ross Enamait was great but mainly focused on bodyweight training. Matt Furey? Dude was crazy. All we really had was each other to sort through the BS and learn how to adapt powerlifting as a way to develop a strength base for combat sports.

Nowadays there is better information about the fundamentals of strength training and training for sport. So much of our time was spent understanding and promoting the basics as well as how to strength train, do conditioning, and train for sport.

I remember these days. So glad I was able to come across info from Joel Jameison.

He was the first on my end to clear up any conditioning myths, nonsense for a combat athlete.

At its peak, a lot of guys used this forum as their primary social media experience.

Back