What happened to this forum?

TrevorRoss

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It used to be a land of hustle and bustle, with cutthroat inhabitants. It’s slow paced and strangely calm now? What happened here?

It used to be a land of hustle and bustle, with cutthroat inhabitants. It’s slow paced and strangely calm now? What happened here?

Everyone succeeded in their goal of becoming shredded as fuck and now have no use for the internet because theyre too busy banging chicks

tenor-151992563.gif

Eric Brown got exposed after a period of sub forum decline and it seemed to be a broadside the forum didn't recover from. Those that posted here kinda moved into the training logs or other forums.

At least that's my suspicion .

Eric Brown got exposed after a period of sub forum decline and it seemed to be a broadside the forum didn't recover from. Those that posted here kinda moved into the training logs or other forums.

Naw, the real reason is

Everyone succeeded in their goal of becoming shredded as fuck and now have no use for the internet because theyre too busy banging chicks

I don't think the Eric thing had any impact. I think it is just forum fatigue. There are only so many questions that you can answer about basic S&C, and in truth very few of us know more than the basics anyway. For years and years we answered the same questions about building a strength base, high weight versus high reps, hill sprints versus LISS, whether CrossFit is good. And people just got tired. More and more people who used to answer questions, or at least join in threads and make jokes while other people answered questions, moved to the Pub and chatted and bitched about how crap the main forum was. And then people on the Pub got bored and drifted off and did something else.

This happened before, when I started posting in 2010 or 2011 we were at the tail end of a changeover, the old strong as fuck members that Cratos styled himself after were moving over to 'the other forum', but a bunch of new people were coming along- Miaou, Tosa, DrB etc. And a lot of those people lasted a long time. Now most of that generation has left or is just posting in the pub. And unlike the last time, a new group hasn't really come through. There are a few knowledgeable people still posting, like Sano, but it's just a few people rather than a whole bunch.

Aye, it's a shame because there is great info here, most likely won't see past the front page.

I had a nagging injury that I couldn't get to heal, that combined with boredom killed lifting for me. I guess I just didn't have a reason to post anymore, not that I contributed much anyhow.

Also I'm juicy as fuck now

I've been here since like 2002.
My old training log got deleted because I'd had it so long (and was updating it every day).

People move on, interests change, home life changes.

Also, other than Phlog, I haven't seen any of your names before.

It just became the same old shit. It just became one big circle jerk.

Most of the really strong members like keough, jimrussell, bchia, and others moved on to other things. When I first joined devilsson, chaosmittens, and ascendant were the strong guys in the forum. They eventually left and were replaced by the guys I mentioned previously. The s&c forum is kind of dead at the moment, because we don't have a group of strong, knowledgable regulars anymore.

One of the main problems at the moment is a lot of nonsensical advice and thought is being posted in the forum. We don't have a group of regulars to call b.s. on that stuff anymore.

Last edited:
A big chunk of the strong and or interesting posters got banned in a short period of time over something to do with comments on a chicks pictures or something, it all started to go downhill after that.

Also took a hit when they combined the strength and conditioning portions, even though that was probably a good idea.

Back