What happened to "The one thing everybody has to do is to promote the fight" ?

Ronda's biggest buyrate: 1.1
Conor's biggest buyrate: 1.65

If she's a bigger star yet Conor gets over half a million more people tuning in then it shows casuals don't buy the show.
They are different people, I never said Ronda gets more than Conor, actually I also said Conor is special in different ways.

Ronda gets women who don't pay attention to Conor. Conor ignites the casuals to buy ppvs to maximize the mma audience, Ronda ignites different fans who wouldn't even be considered casual mma fans, they are Rhonda fans

Ronda will probably get 750k for this fight which is a great number and it wouldn't be boosted if she talked to joe Rohan at a weigh in or did a half assed public workout

They are different people, I never said Ronda gets more than Conor, actually I also said Conor is special in different ways.

Ronda gets women who don't pay attention to Conor. Conor ignites the casuals to buy ppvs to maximize the mma audience, Ronda ignites different fans who wouldn't even be considered casual mma fans, they are Rhonda fans

Ronda will probably get 750k for this fight which is a great number and it wouldn't be boosted if she talked to joe Rohan at a weigh in or did a half assed public workout

Only 750k? I think she'll hit a million.

I think her return alone is the selling point, her not saying much actually makes it kind of more interesting.

The only reason he hasn't done movie is because he's turned them down, he was supposed to be in the new xXx film.

Ronda taking on too much while she was still fighting was part of her downfall.
Conor is very shrewd & has very good advisors around him. He knows when to say yes and when to say no. True legend.

I know quite a few pure casuals from different groups between coworkers and friends ... they all knew when Conor had a fight and all wanted to see it ... have not heard a word about 207 or Ronda from any of them.

There is zero reason Dana couldn't of said do a fucking presser like a professional you child.

Last edited:
if the fix is in nunes will hand over her arm
So much money on the line for the UFC, the fix has to be in.

If Ronda wins, it'll be by some sort of fluky victory.

Ronda's biggest buyrate: 1.1
Conor's biggest buyrate: 1.65

If she's a bigger star yet Conor gets over half a million more people tuning in then it shows casuals don't buy the show.
This is just anecdotal but I was at the weigh ins yesterday and HALF of the audience was women. Not sure if you have ever been to any live events but I would estimate that it is usually about 10 % women. Rhonda is bringing in female viewers who the UFC likely hope translates into Ratings as opposed to PPV buys. The UFC's next big move will be their TV rights deal. McGregor brings in casuals who will check out his PPVs but with Rhonda they are hoping to get women to start watching it on TV with their husbands/BFs. NFL has a huge % of female viewship and that is what I suspect UFC is working towards.

This is just anecdotal but I was at the weigh ins yesterday and HALF of the audience was women. Not sure if you have ever been to any live events but I would estimate that it is usually about 10 % women. Rhonda is bringing in female viewers who the UFC likely hope translates into Ratings as opposed to PPV buys. The UFC's next big move will be their TV rights deal. McGregor brings in casuals who will check out his PPVs but with Rhonda they are hoping to get women to start watching it on TV with their husbands/BFs. NFL has a huge % of female viewship and that is what I suspect UFC is working towards.

<mma4>

Makes sense.

They've just opened up a new division for the women too.

Even with the crossover "appeal" doesn't McGregor bring in far more PPV views than Rousey at her peak as well as gate money?
Its not just the PPV though.....How many promos have you seen about the baddest women on the planet? How she could even beat men? This was Dana's pride. He sheltered her and is protecting her now....Connor did more PPV numbers and even HE was pulled for not doing promos'''.....

I think she'll probably win as most of these women rush in to prove they can bang, which plays into Rhonda's house....the one notable exception was Holly....and?????

Other people have pointed out that by doing no MMA media Ronda has actually created more interest and discussion - take a look at how many Ronda threads have been created over the last week trying to psychoanalyze her with no source material to base it on. People are going nuts.

Ronda negotiated her media terms well in advance. Conor tried to negotiate his at the last minute, and did so with public defiance.

Sherdog is not bright.

Back