What happened to the cage last night?

kaltkalt

Green Belt
Reaction score
At the UFC 166 post-fight media scrum, one of the first questions to Dana was "so what happened to the cage?"

Anyone know what they were talking about? Dana said he hadn't yet had a chance to ask, but seemed to know what they were talking about.

Did it collapse or something?

When Cain went for a takedown against Cigano he went for a double leg and just powered through JDS and from the force of the push the cage almost collapsed (the fence almost fell over). I saw it happen and they actually had people holding the cage up because it was so screwed.

Crazy power that cain has.

What a piece of crap cage. No wonder they got rid of SHW

That never would have happened in a yamma pit.

They should adopt WWE rules and have the first person to escape the cage, wins.

1bb4460cd8f3c3ddf6b9b318b8d5a14d.png

I remember seeing Herb holding it back and thinking wtf at the time.

When Cain went for a takedown against Cigano he went for a double leg and just powered through JDS and from the force of the push the cage almost collapsed (the fence almost fell over). I saw it happen and they actually had people holding the cage up because it was so screwed.

Crazy power that cain has.

That's funny. Before the fight, the announcers were saying they were going to need an extra strong cage to hold these two beasts. I was thinking they're not the biggest heavyweights, and it was a silly marketing ploy to market these guys as giants, but I guess they were right.

Herb and some other guy on the outside were holding the cage.

It broke somewhere around here.

vqk6.jpg

Those cage walls are cheap.

I remember when a very large black man charged through those walls way back at UFC 3.

would have been a double count out if that cage segment collapsed

How hard is it to build a cage that won't break when the fighters run into it? The first octagon was built in 1993. You'd think they would've had this figured out by now.

Back