What happened to Renan Barao?

Dude is the same size as Aldo and cut to 135 over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ...

His kidneys, spleen and pancreas were 73 years old before his 27th birthday.

That, plus him and Aldo beating the shit out of each other in "sparring" for years and years.

Aldo-amp-Barao-1.jpg

Nah, TJ wrecked him over a year before USADA.

Didn't evolve
Probably on roids
Lost the aura of invincibility
Lost confidence
Blueprint was out
Doesn't handle adversity well
Weightcut too much

It's just sad to see him lose to the likes of nobodies like Kelleher and Ewell who both lost after beating Barao.

Yeah, losing twice to TJ is one thing, but he's losing to scrubs and jabronis now. He might as well retire if he loses to Luke Sanders.

looking at his old fights before TJ the guy was never that good. he was the champ then Cruz was injured. He had good jits, speed and spinning back kick that's about it.

You need to meet him at an airport to confirm

He took a really hot bath and never recovered from it

He was an absolute monster. Went 32-1 until his first fight with TJ, then went 2-5 after (including his rematch). And he's not old by any means, 31. That's considered prime for most MMA fighters. Did TJ just take his soul, or was there some serious flaw in his game that got exposed?

Both.

A bunch of fights and there is actually a chance he was never THAT good.

I think weightcuts killed him. Had a good performance against Stephens at FW.. IDK why he went back to 135.

A lot of fights, camps and weight cuts, when discussing wear and tear or prime for an MMA fighter, fans need to stop looking at just age, the amount of fights is usually even more significant.

looking at his old fights before TJ the guy was never that good. he was the champ then Cruz was injured. He had good jits, speed and spinning back kick that's about it.
Bit unfair to say that. He beat Faber decisively then finished him in one round. He beat a surging Micheal MacDonald and tko'd Eddie Wineland. Dana was calling him #1 pfp and sherdog at the time was saying he was better than Aldo. I think Cruz would have beaten the guy so losing to TJ and Cruz before everything caught up to him doesn't make him crap or anything

those 2 fights with TJ were very long beatings, over 40 minutes together. hard to come back physically or mentally after that kind of punishment. same with JDA

Talked to him last week over the phone . Doing well. TJ did take his soul but he’s finding solace he said in banging 10’s in Brazil , much like Arona. Wants to fight Conor or Mayweather . Wants to have plastic surgery to look like Paulo Costo but I told him he was a good looking dude to got his confidence up . Been doing advanced salsa lessons . Said “ obrigado” to all of sherdog family.

Tell that puto to stop dodging me.

He owes me 20 reales.

Obrigado.

giphy.gif

Once he started pulling this shit...

I made a promise to myself, if I ever see that guy....
I’m going to fight him.

Talked to him last week over the phone . Doing well. TJ did take his soul but he’s finding solace he said in banging 10’s in Brazil , much like Arona. Wants to fight Conor or Mayweather . Wants to have plastic surgery to look like Paulo Costo but I told him he was a good looking dude to got his confidence up . Been doing advanced salsa lessons . Said “ obrigado” to all of sherdog family.
RG0BS1U.gif

People say roids or that he aged, but when I watch his old fights when he was dominating to his more recent fights, I don't notice any big difference in athleticism. I just don't think he was that good to begin with and his competition caught up with him, maybe the tj losses did affect him mentally though

Back