What happened to Renan Bar

Earthworm Jim

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Before my rant I would like to mention that BW is the least division I pay attention to or am interested in.

Having mentioned this, I've always tuned into championship fights & from what I've seen from Bar

Last edited:
Impossible to say. It could have been the 1st round shot ... or he just wasn't able to adapt mid fight.

According to Pederneiras, he wasn't responding to corner instructions after the first round. That punch put him in zombie mode.

He got his ass kicked for almost 22 1/2 minutes and lost his title.

bad day at work. everyone has had one like that before.

it was a mix of bad gameplanning and being too cocky with his striking.. i remember watching the countdown and barao's coach was like "hes a wrestler, hes gona try to take u down".. i have NEVER seen TJ try to wrestle someone to the ground and lay n pray them to a decision. hes always willing to strike and looks for the TKO.. when they saw Barao getting his ass kicked on the feet they didnt have a plan B and thats why Barao was looking like a deer in headlights. he had no answer for TJ's slick boxing and footwork

Just got outclassed by a world class athlete/fighter. TJ is no Wineland,Mcdonald, Jorgensen, or Picket. I'll give Barao props for beating Faber though.

isl-gif.gif

Barao looked the same, TJ was obviously better in all areas. Barao's always been good but extremely overrated. I don't see anything of greatness about him.

According to Pederneiras, he wasn't responding to corner instructions after the first round. That punch put him in zombie mode.

Sauce?

I do beleive this is what happened, but I'd like an actual link to pederneiras saying it.

Impossible to say. It could have been the 1st round shot ... or he just wasn't able to adapt mid fight.

You could see it immediately after the the massive punch TJ landed on Barao. He was on auto-pilot, zombie mode definitely.

Would the outcome be any different if the punch didn't land? I don't think so. I just think TJ has Barao's number.

That punch in the first played a big part. I mean, that was a flash KO. Barao's eye's went blank and he woke up again when he hit the floor.

He didn't know what the fuck was happening for the rest of the fight.

But then... How did Dillashaw land that punch in the first place?

He's just that good.

I know you don't want to "waste your time" watching TJ's fights (lol) but at least watch his last fight against Mike Easton. He chewed Easton up on the feet in the same way.

I was incredibly impressed by his victory over Easton... but I just didn't think there was any way he could fight that well against Barao. Turns out I was wrong.

Dillashaw is legitimately a beast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back