What happened to Munoz laying on Gegard?

Well usually Im bored by fighter interviews, but Ive read a few Mousasi ones.

I remember after the Mo fight he was saying something like "I realize this is america, different judging. In the future I should work less from my back and pop back up to my feet more often". Pretty much exactly the same stuff Pettis said about the Guida fight.

Granted, in the Jardine fight he did get taken down too easily still. But also he DID pop back up after a single second every single time. And then later in the OSP fight (no standout wrestler, but a good athlete and solid prospect), he outwrestled him for the most part.

I have to admit I was worried about Munoz wrestling, but nonetheless it seemed rather obvious that the takedown defense bashing was exaggerated.

I remember after the Mo fight he was saying something like "I realize this is america, different judging. In the future I should work less from my back and pop back up to my feet more often". Pretty much exactly the same stuff Pettis said about the Guida fight.

Granted, in the Jardine fight he did get taken down too easily still. But also he DID pop back up after a single second every single time. And then later in the OSP fight (no standout wrestler, but a good athlete and solid prospect), he outwrestled him for the most part.

I have to admit I was worried about Munoz wrestling, but nonetheless it seemed rather obvious that the takedown defense bashing was exaggerated.

Jardine actually had to go very deep with his takedowns to get Mousasi down, that and not the short notice of the fight was I'd guess the main reason he slowed down as it progressed.

Truth, too bad so many fail to see it.

Pretty much, the Mo fight was really more a story of Mousasi not fighting to US judging criteria as it was him actually being outclassed on the ground.

Most people who comment on the Jardine fight haven't even watched it, Mousasi dominated that match and should have won it even with the point deduction. If that fight shows anything negative about Mousasi I'd say its more that he doesn't seem to have as much finishing power standing in MMA as he does in K-1.

Mo was outclassed by Moussasi, did you see Mo's face?

hard to believe but it might be because people are capable of improving

That seems to be the logic...like, "Such and such fighter was submitted like 11 years ago, so he's definitely going to get submitted in his next fight."

Mousasi used to be too comfortable on his back. Now he realizes that's not true.

Judges won't give him a win even when he smashes the person from his back. Mousasi fucked up King Mo and should have gotten the win.

It is good to see Mousasi not play that shit against Munoz though and completely destroyed him.

yay I love these pathetic 'I told you so' bashing threads....white belts shouldn't be allowed to post threads :rolleyes:

Back