What happened to Jon's wrestling?

I'd say the biggest thing that USADA took from him is "Old Jones Confidence and Creativity".
So.....yeah

No, Jones is a pretty phenomenal wrestler. Watch his fights with Stephan bonnar or Vladimir matyushenko. That's not all just rag-dolling people or shooting power doubles. Some of his Greco throws and trips are as good as top of the food chain amateur wrestlers. I would say that prime Jones was as technically good at wrestling as Covington, but he gad a very different approach. His current wrestling issues are more mental IMO. Obviously the srength and explosiveness matter, bur it's more about his game planning. The same could be said about DC really.

Khabib is on another level with his MMA wrestling. As a straight wrestler, he's nothing special. People claim he would win gold medals, but he wouldn't.
Both Jones and khabib are bad wrestlers compare to straight olympic wrestlers, We are on sherdog, so we are talking about MMA wrestling. In this area Khabib is multiple lvl above Jones, i don't know how anyone can even debate that ...

Jones couldn't take a swedish guy who learned wrestling in 2 years after prison, and now he couldn't take a football player, covington is also multiple lvl of wrestling above Jones.

USADA and no longer fighting complete midgets

no race issue, race is taboo in the US, I don't know why. Are you ashamed to say your back ? wtf ...

Why the f*k does it matter what I am to you? I'm a f*king fight fan figure out what race is that and just deal with it...

Lol at those who actually believed how he's as good or better wrestler from Khabib in comparison.
Jones cant wrestle the whole time and have wrestling as his first move to win the fight like Khabib.

Jones couldn't take a swedish guy who learned wrestling in 2 years after prison, and now he couldn't take a football player, covington is also multiple lvl of wrestling above Jones.

Jones out wrestled DC who is an Olympic medalist. He easily out-wrestled Matyushenko who was a 2 time National Junior College champion who also had a successful international amateur wrestling career. He easily threw around Chael sonnen, Matt Hamill, and Branden Vera who all were legit wrestlers as well. Even Shad, who is was also a pretty legit wrestler had no chance at all out wrestling Jones.

Prime Jones had some of the best MMA wrestling ever. I would not put him on Khabib's level, as Khabib has the best MMA wrestling ever IMO, but his MMA wrestling earlier in his career was far more impressive than anything we've seen from Covington IMO.

Back