What happened to John Dodson?

Yes, but that shitty gameplan against Lineker ruined him.
It was his first real fight since MM. I mean, Manny got caught early and went down in thirty seconds. It's hard to say whether it would have happened against anyone else.

I think a move over with TJ/Duane Ludwig would be good if they can get over their little beef. Hell, even TAM wouldn't be bad. Just some camp that isn't in as much turmoil as Jackson's seems to be.

He was the slower guy last night and it seemed to make him hesitant.

He has literally been with JacksonWink his entire career. He has been with them since before he graduated high school
The camp didn't stay the same. Like Cerrone said, it was good but now for a long time it is terrible. Its recent record is like only 20% wins.

But seriously...This lauded footwork of his is terrible these days. He just used it to run away and stay just out of range air jabbing. And then this bullshit about faking nut shots...multiple fights I've seen him do this now.
Someone brought it up earliar. But with smaller guys speed is everything and he's 33. It's usually one of the first things to go. He's defintely lost a step behind some of these younger guys

And don't even mention the worst cornering ever in the Rivera fight..."just be you and have fun out there"...going in a 3rd round where your down two rounds...
<{hughesimpress}>

Facebook-John-Dodson-bb776f.png

USADA stepped in to protect the UFC roster from uber-Dodson.

The camp didn't stay the same. Like Cerrone said, it was good but now for a long time it is terrible. Its recent record is like only 20% wins.

Yeah that could definitely be. I trained there between 2008-2012 and it was a great camp, I left as they were transitioning from the old gym to the new facility that included a restaurant dorms etc that was ridiculous. I didn't leave because of that, mostly because I just didn't have time to train anymore but I think their big problem has been how commercial they have become.
It was a great place to train back then.

Dodson was never that good, his reputation is built off that tj tko that was a garbage stopping by the ref. Every oher time he's faced elite fighters hes lost.

So, I have known John Dodson since 2008. He cornered me in amateur fights and was my wrestling coach for a while. He is a great guy. I think what has happened over the last few years is he now has a family. A wife and 2 kids and he really spends a lot of time and effort with his family. It's awesome he is being a great dad, but since his daughter was born around the 2nd Mighty Mouse fight I think his family has become more of a priority and his desire/warrior mentality has diminished.
Not often we get input from someone who knows the fighter in question. Thanks for sharing.
Makes sense. Family will do that to you.

Dodson likes to sit back and counter. Jimmy beat him using leg kicks to stop his movement, feints to draw his counter, cage cutting, and combos to the head and body. A lot of dodsons fight have been like this and most of his power was at flyweight. His competition at bw hasnt been the greatest either, so it makes sense that the first guy to use actual ringcraft against him would dominate. I was kinda frustrated that commentary had little praise for jimmy, and unsurprisingly joe rogan was saying it was the speed and power of jimmy rather than what he was actually doing.

His corner gave him kinda shit instructions.... “go be you” or whatever hmmm...<mma4>

He's stinky dog shit, that's what happened. Haha his fights, fast forward straight through that shit.

His corner gave him kinda shit instructions.... “go be you” or whatever hmmm...<mma4>
Totally agree.
Some of the worst cornering I've seen in awhile. Everytime he would go back they kept asking him "How ya doing?"...your his corner, have you not been watching?!

He always fights like that when he doesn't get the KO. Go back and watch all his decisions (or don't, most are pretty uneventful).

The word manlet gets thrown around a bit too much around here BUT Dodson is a TRUE manlet.

5’2, stocky and stout.

That was the worst he has ever looked in the octagon and really killed the hopes of true manlets everywhere.

336_John_Dodson.0.jpg

He looked like a midget next to Miragliotta.

He's shot at this point, it's pretty obvious. I don't know if it's a physical decline or a mental issue, but he doesn't set anything up and can't pull the trigger anymore. That's never a good sign.

Didn't watch the fight, but I heard it was pretty bad.

Was it really THAT bad? I'm actually curious if anybody can fill me in.

Didn't watch the fight, but I heard it was pretty bad.

Was it really THAT bad? I'm actually curious if anybody can fill me in.
It was bad....Dodson basically could not pull the trigger and Rivera looked like the faster guy in there. Dodson still has a chin but that’s about it.

Back