What happened to JDS ?

You are not giving Stipe enough credit man....

Cigano and Vai Cavalo are the best things that happened to the HW div in the past 5 years.

I respect Miocic. That's why he is in the title picture off of one win because his performance against JDS. But that has to say something for JDS since he won the fight.

What happened was he lost to Cain, beat everybody else in impressive fashion, and had a close fight against (possibly) one of the few actual new contenders in Stipe, which he won.

That's what happened, and JDS is possibly still the best in the division except Cain.

That about sums it up.

What happened was he lost to Cain, beat everybody else in impressive fashion, and had a close fight against (possibly) one of the few actual new contenders in Stipe, which he won.

That's what happened, and JDS is possibly still the best in the division except Cain.

Is mind blowing how people have already dismissed Junior as a top contender, but were super excited about Hunt and now with Arlovski.

He fought Sea Level Cain that's what happened to him he fought him 3 times to be exact.

Beat him the first but took 2 tremendous beatings

Ppl need to chill out. JDS is still without a doubt a top contender. He's now working on his deficiency's at ATT but even then he's still a top contender. Honestly, I think JDS will become champ again all he needs to do is drop 8lbs of muscle and regain some of his speed. I thought he looked a bit slow against Stipe even though he still won (took lots of damage of course).

Is mind blowing how people have already dismissed Junior as a top contender, but were super excited about Hunt and now with Arlovski.

And Stipe Miocic. And he beat Stipe. And has a longer and decorated run compared to Stipe's one win.

He had one bad performance where he was injured and still beat a Top 5 HW, so now he's a shot fighter?

Just wait until he clobbers Overeem, everyone will be back on the bandwagon.

In a nutshell, he lost his confidence.

At one point, he was probably the most confident fight I've ever seen and he was beating everyone via KO. He fought Cain who everyone thought would beat him or give him the hardest match of his career and beat him in nearly a minute and dropped him with the first punch landed. He thought he was invincible at that point until the Cain rematch where he was dominated for 5 rounds.

You could tell he was changed man in the Hunt fight and then completely changed in the 3rd Cain at about 1 minute in when saw the fight was going to go the same way.

Once your confidence goes, you never get it back fully. JDS can still be dangerous but he's never going to be the same JDS that had his original UFC run.

Based on the Stipe fight, I think Overeem has a strong chance to beat JDS as long as he fights smart.

Thing is Stipe is severely underrated as has already been stated and he basically fought JDS to a draw even though Junior got the decision. Could've gone either way but I had it for Stipe.

Either way, I do think Junior's confidence isn't what it used to be judging by the Stipe fight, but who knows? JDS didn't pull the trigger enough in the Stipe fight and I think he needs to drop a bit of bodyfat(not that he has a ton) and maybe lean out/focus on cardio more instead of raw brute force. His speed is a big part of his game and the leaner he is, the faster he is as well.

edit: Senzo already made my point but a lot of people are saying basically the same thing. He's not as confident as he was before and for good reason. That 3rd Cain fight was brutal to watch as a JDS fan. I think Overeem definitely has a shot but will probably get knocked out; JDS has a much better chin and he's faster.

The truth is that his career went downhill after he broke up with his beautiful ex-wife.
His camp should bring her back ASAP! Vilsana FTW!

he's had ONE fight since the 3rd cain fight, and just because stipe is good and cain is a bad matchup doesn't mean JDS is just done.

thats crazy. Stipe IS a very decent fighter, JDS outstruck and outcardioed him. His 2 losses to Cain + personnal problems shook his confidence, but he is still elite.
He will destroy Overeem and ppl will stop this nonsense.

Stipe was a bad match up for him, JDS was injured and had ring rust

And he STILL WON.

Wait till the Overeem fight to see if he really has changed or not

Nothing happened. Cigano will be champ again.
But only after Werdum retires.

In a nutshell, he lost his confidence.

At one point, he was probably the most confident fight I've ever seen and he was beating everyone via KO. He fought Cain who everyone thought would beat him or give him the hardest match of his career and beat him in nearly a minute and dropped him with the first punch landed. He thought he was invincible at that point until the Cain rematch where he was dominated for 5 rounds.

You could tell he was changed man in the Hunt fight and then completely changed in the 3rd Cain at about 1 minute in when saw the fight was going to go the same way.

He demolished Hunt thought. Beating Hunt may not be the most impressive, but out-gunning him on the feet before knocking him out sure is.

Stipe is overrated and hasn't fought any contenders outside of JDS. So when these two fought it looked like a good fight because they were so evenly matched skill wise.
JDS is overrated as he hasn't fought anybody outside of Werdum and Cain. Werdum would definitely beat JDS in a rematch and would be highly the favorite.

He's gotten worse. He has never been technical and has always been defined by his chin, fearlessness and power. Now he's losing some of the former 2 qualities.

A pre-cain JDS would of ran through Stipe, imo.

I don't think we'll ever see JDS regain his form again..

Gotta love these mma fans that change their perspective on a fighter from fight to fight. Guess when/if JDS KO's Overeem "he's back" and their on a high again

Back