What happened to JDS ?

BringCodyBack

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
The fierce fighter, with great precision, the killer Aura, where did this all go ?

He is a shadow of his former-self, imo he will never touch gold anymore.

Where the Cain beatings that severe to the point of generating long term damage ?

Maybe its psychological and he

Stipe is just a terrible matchup for him. He has solid boxing and wrestling. JDS' speed and reaction is also slowing down due to age and wear-n-tear. But Junior still outstriked and out-cardio'd him.

He lost bran cells when Cain shoved his chit in twice. He has a weird reaction to getting hurt too. He walks around zombie like in the latter rounds.

He took way too much damage in the second and third Cain fights. I think he was permanently damaged both physically and psychologically. He should have changed teams after the second fight, but he didn't. I also don't think he has improved much during his tenure in the UFC. He is not really well rounded, just a good striker with good TDD. His striking defense is still bad though.

I think he will probably knock Overeem out, but I think it's possible that Overeem gets him to retreat back into the cage and punishes him with knees.

Btw i regret rooting for Cain on the trilogy , now when i look back , JDS made the division much more interesting.

Cain just froze the division for the last 3 years !

What happened was he lost to Cain, beat everybody else in impressive fashion, and had a close fight against (possibly) one of the few actual new contenders in Stipe, which he won.

That's what happened, and JDS is possibly still the best in the division except Cain.

He took way too much damage in the second and third Cain fights. I think he was permanently damaged both physically and psychologically. He should have changed teams after the second fight, but he didn't. I also don't think he has improved much during his tenure in the UFC. He is not really well rounded, just a good striker with good TDD. His striking defense is still bad though.

I think he will probably knock Overeem out, but I think it's possible that Overeem gets him to retreat back into the cage and punishes him with knees.

Easier said than done, dont forget that Doria, JDS main coach took him when he was young and unknown to ufc Gold.

He had a huge gratitude debt. I can see how hard it could be for him to leave his gym "family" behind.

What happened was he lost to Cain, beat everybody else in impressive fashion, and had a close fight against (possibly) one of the few actual new contenders in Stipe, which he won.

That's what happened, and JDS is possibly still the best in the division except Cain.

Do you really belive that ? , Pre Cain JDS and former JDS are pretty different fighters.

Cain took his soul, it looks like.
We will see what he's capable of against Overeem. I think Overeem has good change to win now a day.
I think we never see the old Junior back again, he will end up like Frank Mir.

Dude, how are you not banned already? The thing with "took too much damage" is just a stupid idea. The body can recover ! He was in the ring for 25 min ONLY.

Dude, how are you not banned already? The thing with "took too much damage" is just a stupid idea. The body can recover ! He was in the ring for 25 min ONLY.

Emm. No.

It can recover or it can not recover, especially in the case of aggravated injury.

You may wery well expect brain to recover completely from a single concussion, but when a man gets concussed and than hit by Cain Velasquez for extra 15 minutes recovery prognosis is much worse.

And, even for single concussion recovery - TJ Grant got concussed in training and he wasn't fit to compete ever since.

The Cigano haters make me question these forums. The man has ran through every opponent put in front of him since losing the belt. He technically deserves the title shot over Cain or Arvloski/Miocic. After he puts Reem to sleep he'll be right back in the title picture especially if Werdum wins and with Fedor looming.

JDS closes fight was with Stipe, and he clearly won that fight. It wasn't close as some make it seem.

The same thing that happened to Erick silva and renan barao....lol

1. He took some huge punishments against Cain and Stipe (who are the elite at HW with Werdum)
2. He became older, may have lost some speed/reflexes
3. Didn't improve his game much
4. Maybe he's not as hungry as he was before

But his still a top contender in the HW division, and he can win against anyone.

I'd love to see Cigano start rolling again. He made the HWT division much more interesting to watch. He's definitely going to light Overeem up and then hopefully he can get back into the title hunt shortly after. I'd LOVE to see him fight Werdum again!

I'd love to see Cigano start rolling again. He made the HWT division much more interesting to watch. He's definitely going to light Overeem up and then hopefully he can get back into the title hunt shortly after. I'd LOVE to see him fight Werdum again!

In this sport, styles make fights man. Cain is a terrible match up for Cigano, but JDS is also a terrible match up for guys like Reem, Arvloski, and Werdum. He has ran through every opponent put in front of him since losing the belt. Stipe was his toughess fight and he clearly won.

JDS has plenty left in the tank. Once he puts Reem to sleep, the noobs will hop back on the bandwagon.

You are not giving Stipe enough credit man....

Cigano and Vai Cavalo are the best things that happened to the HW div in the past 5 years.

Stipe gets no credit for his fight against JDS, lol.

Anyone who does well against JDS or defeats him will only be finishing what Cain started. :rolleyes:

Diminished as he may or may not be, I think JDS still has enough in the tank to put away Overeem.

Back