What happened to JDS being Cain's kyrptonite?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by runnpray, Dec 30, 2012.

1. runnpray

runnpray Full Kit Wanker

this thread again!

No seriously - Third fight will look more like the 2nd unless Cain happens to blow out his knee again right before the fight. That was a brutal domination and I don't know why any JDS fan would want to see the trilogy anytime soon. What happens when JDS get beat half to death again? He's too big to drop 205. What happens if Cain get caught again? UFC should let this rematch simmer for a year or so. I think the rematch should be 2 - 3 fights away.

2. burntbacon

burntbacon Brown Belt

3. TheRassler

TheRassler ---- L E G E N D A R Y --------- p4p GOAT poster

jds should train to throw everything into the first round and try to end it in the first. The longer it goes, the more it favors cain.

4. mmagoat

mmagoat Banned Banned

Cain fought to his strengths instead of his weakness (trading punches from the outside) this time.

5. Idioso

Idioso Green Belt

Junior was shown that he does not have the stamina to deal with Cains pressure. It was his first loss on the big stage, He will grow the same way that Cain has. Or at least he should that is! Thats his only chance, killing himself with cardio training.

6. mmagoat

mmagoat Banned Banned

He also needs to train his ground game a lot. Junior was so afraid of a takedown, he kept his hands down all the time which made him an easy punching target.

7. iwhoopedbatman

iwhoopedbatman Fox Hunter Extraordinaire

I think the third fight will be the one where they both bring their 'A' game. That will be interesting.

8. Acquiesce32

Acquiesce32 Blue Belt

Yeah I can't see a rematch happening anytime soon. That was one of the worst beatings I've seen in the octagon. If JDS looks really good in his next fight or two I can see him getting another shot. Depends on the landscape in the HW division at that time. Cain will do the exact same thing to Overeem but it will end in the first 2 rounds. Overeem isn't as tough as JDS.

9. 100 Not Out

100 Not Out Green Belt

The so-called new breed fought yesterday. Both pretty much gassed in the first round and the fight was quite amateurish tbh. Yes, I was pumped, excited, even a little nervous. My gf thought it was a boring fight and didn't understand what the hype was all about.

Much respect to Cain and JDS - but those guys are still light years away from the golden generation in their prime: Fedor, Nog and CC.

10. Acquiesce32

Acquiesce32 Blue Belt

I think JDS thought he could just run away and land the odd jab for the whole 5 rounds and if the opportunity came about he would throw the big uppah!!

11. mmagoat

mmagoat Banned Banned

Cain needs to beat Werdum and Overeem first (if they both win their next fights) to secure the spot of the most dominating HW champion.

JDS should fight a striker like Hunt or Kongo, then a grappler like Barnett or Werdum.

12. Jesse James

Jesse James Chastity Belt

I agree.....I told Sherdoggers all week that it would be a One-sided ass kicking...the first fight was a fluke....Cain is the real deal....

13. sauser

sauser Blue Belt

JDS caught him with a bomb the first fight lucky end of story.

14. VB MMA

VB MMA Brown Belt

I don't post on here often, but dude..you make some retarded posts every time I come on here. No..Cain is a bad match-up for JDS. JDS did his best, but he cannot out-pressure Cain's pace. Cain would finish him if he tried it. Cain's gameplan is typical collegiate wrestling style. It works for Cain because he has a freakish gas tank and advanced technique. JDS lost. He definitely had heart, but when it comes to Cain, he only has a puncher's chance.

15. penpal

penpal Orange Belt

i said jds beats cain 10/10 times. i couldn't have been more wrong. although i did say that if cain had a chance it would be him coming out guns blazing and hurting dos santos immediately. guess that's what he did but he looked sloppy doing it. it was such a weird fight. what was with cain falling to the ground holding dos santos ankle in the first round? multiple times.

16. fightdonttweet

fightdonttweet Banned Banned

Apparently he's only Cain's kryptonite during the first three minutes.

17. lockon

lockon Black Belt

imo JDS has to expand his game

18. AP_RESURRECTION

AP_RESURRECTION Gold Belt

you couldnt be here without getting laughed at and put down for thinking cain has a chance before last night - i wonder where all those big talking idiots go - i guess they go on to the next topic where they talk big and are wrong

19. purpleheart

purpleheart Green Belt

Fighters like Velasquez will always have their kryptonite in heavy handed monsters like Jds, Overeem, Fedor etc.

He gave out a big beating yesterday but the next fight he can be lying on the canvas again after a single shot.

Dos santos can eat a dozen of cains yet one of his will always be a good nighter for him.

20. I know Kung Fu

I know Kung Fu Red Belt

You're the worst poster on these forums.