What happened to Erick Silva?

This happened
erick_silva_vs_dong_hyun_kim_ufc-91795.gif

That fight should be enough to doubt Silva.

He always had bad cardio.
He gassed fighting against Dong Hyun Kim and Jon Fitch

Of course people blame it on a lack of PEDs, when in reality he's been pretty inconsistent since the start of his UFC tenure.

They rushed him. Lol still cNt believe they put him up against fitch

He's just average. Nothing more to see. He's a powerful puncher, good ground game but prone to gassing and brainfarts, he's entertaining but will never be a top 10 guy. I don't care if the UFC has ever ranked him top 10, I judge on what I see - and what I see is a dude who's smashed numerous low-level guys and 155lb late replacements but always falls short against better competition. I thought he'd beat Magny as I considered Magny far lesser than his record suggests, but Neil surprised me. I'll have to rethink my opinion on him.

ped or not, he is just not good enough to be a top ranked fighter, never been.
plus, a weak chin and bad cardio.

I doubt it's PEDs. People are saying things like Machida declined because he isn't on PEDs etc.

Fact is fighters randomly going up or down in ability has and will always be a part of combat sports.

With Silva's cardio I have to question his work ethic. I hear he gets (or got) paid very well be Brazilian fighters due to his good looks and marketability. Maybe he's lazy and is used to getting by on pure talent.

Things is he's 31. He looks so young people treat him like a prospect. But he's actually a veteran who may simply be on the downside of his career.

He's eaten some damage too so maybe it's just downhill for him now.

Fighters declining/getting old overnight has always been a part of combat sports, sure, but right now in mma we're sort of at a crossroads where it went from a 90s baseball, wild west type era in terms of ped use, to an era of random tests and harsh penalties. And we're seeing certain fighters who not only their performance is declining but also their physique looks markedly different.....let's just say a lot of guys will be falling "out of their prime" in the coming months.

I think he bought into his own hype. People were saying he was the future when he first came in. He had a good luck and some quick wins. When he finally fought someone good, he was exposed and that stole his confidence. Every time he faces someone fairly good, he loses.

I think he's just burned out. He even yawned in the Magny fight. I don't think he really has fighting in his blood at this point.

Let's just say, it was the easiest fight to predict once I saw his physique.

Besides the suspicions, I think he was never top tier fighter, more middle of the pack fighter, but now it seems with the ass whooping he's received, I think his confidence is just shot. Probably doesn't trust in his skill anymore.

I would like to say that it wasn't his night, but hi last fights shows otherwise. He needs to work his cardio immediately. And Joe Silva could at least give him some easy fights for a change.

He had ten fights in the ufc going into last night. He doesn't get fed easy fights at that point.

what happened? He looked like the Normal 1 rounder ESilva to me. I'd ask what happened if he actually improved...

He's Roger Huerta all over again. Got hyped to the moon and burnt out when he didn't deliver.

Let's just say, it was the easiest fight to predict once I saw his physique.

Agreed. I don't think too many people know that in Brazil, testosterone boosters are the norm. Like, you can get hair cream with testosterone in it. Over the counter. So I'm going to guess that it wouldn't be too hard for a bunch of brazilians to get the TRT exemption.

Has he been inconsistent? Yes. But he's always looked the same for the most part. Pretty ripped. Pretty fast and athletic. Last night he looked softer than ever and way slower. That was the first thing I noticed last night. He was dramatically slower.

Could he have just gotten hella lazy and stopped training. But his last fight wasn't that long ago. It's a pretty crazy decline. Just leads me to believe that the TRT is the missing factor.

I think people overestimated him from the start because of his good looks and how he demolished lesser opponents.

and i think people thought he was younger than he was when he started to get attention.

he strikes me as a talented guy who is a bit of a head case--it's like he needs to go sit with chael's sports psychologist for a few months and work out some issues.

Agreed. I don't think too many people know that in Brazil, testosterone boosters are the norm. Like, you can get hair cream with testosterone in it. Over the counter. So I'm going to guess that it wouldn't be too hard for a bunch of brazilians to get the TRT exemption.

Has he been inconsistent? Yes. But he's always looked the same for the most part. Pretty ripped. Pretty fast and athletic. Last night he looked softer than ever and way slower. That was the first thing I noticed last night. He was dramatically slower.

Could he have just gotten hella lazy and stopped training. But his last fight wasn't that long ago. It's a pretty crazy decline. Just leads me to believe that the TRT is the missing factor.

I agree, I think the new testing will change a lot of guys careers and weed out the cheaters. And like you said In Brazil getting roids is like getting groceries over there.

I'm sorry but since the new drug testing his body looks a lot different, something very fishy going on with him.

I never forget when there was a guy who said that Erick Silva was on anabolic steroids and was cheating and he had 100% proof.. that was when Silva was on his win streak, and the guy got banned and the thread deleted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back