What Happened To Arlovski's Chin?

He did get ko'ed multiple times but still that Rogers thing is still out of the place one considering Brett didn't do anything similar during his career and lost to every better than mediocre fighter outside Andrei - and even some below that level

Rogers hooks had a lot of power. The problem is after he got outclassed 3 times in a row, Brett became tentative which took away his biggest strength.

Got dropped by Browne

He dropped by a guy with 13 KOs in 17 victories once he made the mistake of squaring up to Browne? What a glass chin!

In the past 4 years or so he is 9-1-1 with the lone loss being a Dec loss to an absolute powerhouse in Rumble.

Anybody who says a guy only finished by KO monsters has a glass chin is ridiculous.

No but it does show how bad his defense was when his loss is to this guy

Viacheslav-Datsik.jpg

i mean, if we're posting pictures of fighters with different physiques of when arlovski faced them, why stop there? he also lost to
tim-sylvia-se-retira-de-las-mma-2015-super-heavyweight.jpg

Arlvoski is a prime example of two things, 1. What happens with the power at HW 2. A fighter that made some defensive mistakes and got hit with the right shots. He's been KO'd by Fedor, Sylvia, Sergei, Rogers, and Rizzo who are all strikers and have big power. I think it could happen to anyone at HW, he's just had some bad luck

Bigfoot Silva said it recently, he mentioned that sometime all it takes is the right shot. He got hit by AA and Mir and got KO'd, but took bombs from Hunt and didnt.

Possible CRT

Chin replacement therapy

He just fought some killers, but I don't think anyone expected this. He should be fighting for the title, not Cain.

Don't forget though, it's not AA no more.

Universal-Soldier-Regeneration-Nick-Schager_1200_1006_81_s.jpg

He's a universal soldier now too

i mean, if we're posting pictures of fighters with different physiques of when arlovski faced them, why stop there? he also lost to
tim-sylvia-se-retira-de-las-mma-2015-super-heavyweight.jpg

That man is a former UFC HW champion and is probably still a legit bad ass for 3 whole minutes. You can't say the same thing for the other guy, Andrew.

Rogers hooks had a lot of power. The problem is after he got outclassed 3 times in a row, Brett became tentative which took away his biggest strength.

He also should have lost to Wrapath Villareal in between those three fights.. I guess he had power and at hw anything can happen when bombs fly..
There was Randleman -Cro Cop and Fujita-Fedor..

His "chin" was never a problem

Maybe his striking defense was a problem

Nobody has a chin for heavyweight striking. My guess is he's seeing the punches and taking better care of himself

Nobody has a chin for heavyweight striking. My guess is he's seeing the punches and taking better care of himself

This.

In his knockout losses to Fedor, Rogers and Kharitonov; Arlovski doesnt see the shots hes getting tagged with or cannot anticipate them. Same for the Browne fight, but he survived it.

Oh my Buddha, did Rumble knock out 5+ teeth from Arlovski?

This. Not sure why anybody who gets knocked out a couple times supposedly has a glass chin.

7 is not a couple. Arlovski has a bad chin for an elite level HW and it will always be his weakness. End of story.

7 is not a couple. Arlovski has a bad chin for an elite level HW and it will always be his weakness. End of story.

Yeah you're right it's his chin, definitely not the people he fights. Arlovski is lucky Anthony Johnson has pillow fists or he definitely would have been KO'd when they fought.

Not even just his "overall striking defense". He has done some real bad dropping his defense to "attack" his opponent AFTER previously showing decent striking defense in the SAME fight earlier.

He knocks down Timmey, and charges in like a bull for the kill WIDE OPEN and gets decked. He had NO defense for the ONE exchange.

Fedor, A flying G.D. knee attempt? Again not overall poor striking defense. He had ZERO in that one exchange of the evening and as such face planted.

The Fedor one isn't actually that bad IMHO, that flying knee was well timed and would not have been possible to counter if he'd gotten much into the air, Fedor just picked it very well and was throwing the punch well he'd left the ground.

Yeah you're right it's his chin, definitely not the people he fights. Arlovski is lucky Anthony Johnson has pillow fists or he definitely would have been KO'd when they fought.

Thats why I said "for en elite HW", meaning that he is a top level HW whit a weaker chin than same level HWs on average. Ofc there never can be 100% proof, but thats what his career results indicates.

The Sergie fight actually shows AA has a very good chin, he took lots and lots of huge bombs before finally wilting.

AA's problem has been that he got hit a lot, not that he necessarily had a bad chin.

Back