What happened to anyone fighting Islam getting a TS?

DivineMind

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Khabib promised this, but he ended up retiring instead.

If someone did fight Islam, Khabib would have retired after and then no TS was guaranteed.

Was this a bait and switch ?

Or would he have actually delivered with one last fight? (After Gaethjes)

Don't know about this, but that was definitely never going to happen

For that to happen Islam mustve fought anybody except a few unranked guys every once in a while.

Islam is already the champ.
He doesn't need a belt to be a champ.

Why is there so much talk about Islam on this site? As much as people talk about him here, you'd think he was some superstar. I never heard of him and I watch every UFC fight on TV. I guess I must have seen him, but he didn't do anything to stick in my memory yet. What's the big deal?:confused:

That was never a thing. Khabib said Conor should fight Islam but he was just trying to make Conor have to earn a title shot.

I guess it was only a limited, one-time offer to find him an opponent for UFC 254.

last i checked, retired fighters and shady managers do not make the rules.

That was never a thing. Khabib said Conor should fight Islam but he was just trying to make Conor have to earn a title shot.

Yea it was. He called Chael to let it be known. Not just for Conor, for any top guy it was offered.

Why is there so much talk about Islam on this site? As much as people talk about him here, you'd think he was some superstar. I never heard of him and I watch every UFC fight on TV. I guess I must have seen him, but he didn't do anything to stick in my memory yet. What's the big deal?:confused:

This is more of a thread about khabib...

Back