What happend to Ilir Latifi?

Also just to add this , which was lost as the thread got wastelanded:

34piej8.jpg

By TheShadow

Really hard to asses him due to him having a huge short notice weight cut, no dedicated training camp and fighting gegard. I think he deserves a legitimate chance to prove where he is at.

If by giving everything he had,you actually mean he stood still like a punching bag for 15 minutes,then yes.

Seriously,it's crazy how he even got a fight in the UFC.But then again,when i see guys like Matt Hamill still in there,it's not that crazy after all.

So you switched over after the 2nd, yeah?
Latifi took it to him, took him down (that doesn't bode well for the all-conquering Mousasi, given that Latifi is entry-level at best) and came close to winning that third round.

Why? He looked absolutely horrible in his debut. Maybe that's just me.

He had less than a week's notice, so he had a couple days to even prepare for a main event fight against Gegard Mousasi as his UFC debut. Yeah, he certainly didn't look good but Dana promised him another fight he should be able to showcase what he can do with a full camp.

The UFC needs to give him a very easy winnable fight to return the favor. Then see how he fares afterwards.

He deserves one fight, I don't care against who. Maybe MW would be a better fit, he's strong as an ox.

I get that his last fight was short notice and all that, but the guy just isn't that great. When he can't out muscle his opponent, he gets on his bicycle for the rest of the fight and doesn't really engage at all. He won't last much longer imo

He had less than a week's notice, so he had a couple days to even prepare for a main event fight against Gegard Mousasi as his UFC debut. Yeah, he certainly didn't look good but Dana promised him another fight he should be able to showcase what he can do with a full camp.

Watch the Emmanuel Newton fight. He's not capable of much more than he showed vs Mousasi

Some people asking why, well I thought he brought the fight, and he got an A for effort fighting mousasi on a very short notice

Did he take the fight off the couch? I hope he did because he looked horrible

Lets give the guy some respect here he fought a top 10 fighter on like 4 days notice and had to cut like 30 lbs. He isnt some spectacular talent but he deserves another fight on merit alone. The fact Mousasi didnt finish him is a feat in itself.

To be honest i would fight Mousasi on 10 days notice , i would get my ass kicked but i would get paid lol.

Gegard also went into the fight with a torn ACL. But you still cant trash the guy for the fight. He cut a shit ton of weight on really short notice. He's a prelims level fighter at best and stepped in with a main event level fighter on no notice with no time to do anyting but cut weight.

What's wrong with one or even two more shots for a big favor to the UFC and fans? There's not enough LHW bouts on the prelims anyways. If he's not good enough to hang with Gian Vilante, Vilante kicks his ass and keeps us fans enterained. Then have him and Joey Beltran have a loser leaves forever slop fest on Facebook for like 8's. No harm done.

Last edited:
As has been said, he took the fight on incredibly short notice and saved the card. He was promised another fight, so should get one. He's no worse than some of the TUF guys that get a shot in the UFC.

Well from what I heard he has gone back to selling Shish Kebab on a full time basis, just like he did before the Mousasi fight. But if his wife, Fatima, takes his work shift, he will step up once more, and defend his family honor.

I read this twice and then proceeded to laugh my f-ing ass off.

So random, haha.

I thought he looked better than expected, maybe give him Vinny if he doesn't get cut

Back