What got you into watching UFC?

Wife & I met Frank Mir at a trade show in Las Vegas (unrelated to MMA/ UFC) Prior to that, I'd just begun to watch UFC on Spike. Meeting Mir kinda piqued my MMA interest level.

Wife & I met Frank Mir at a trade show in Las Vegas (unrelated to MMA/ UFC) Prior to that, I'd just begun to watch UFC on Spike. Meeting Mir kinda piqued my MMA interest level.

Hey, do you happen to be a 6'7 280lb 20 year old?

your mom's sweet, sweet v got me into mma

mmmmmmmmmm, your mom's sweet, sweet veeeeeeeee...

I remember renting a few UFC events on tape in the mid-90s, and thought it was boring as shit.... but to be fair, my first one was Shamrock/Severn.... whichever of their encounters that one was laying ontop of the other for 30 boring minutes.

But then I was stationed over in Korea around 10 years later, with nothing to watch so I borrowed by roomate's DVD of Arlovski/Bontello (sp?) and that main event was boring as fuck.

And a year later I watched the box set of the 1st season of Ultimate Fighter within two days, and instantly became a lifelong fan of the sport.

I grew up watching WWF with my bro and my dad at a very young age and continued to follow that and boxing to a lesser extent through high school. We rented the early UFC tapes in junior high, then my interest waned until TUF

Friend told me he seen a crazy knockout (Liddell - Evans) went to blockbuster and picked up UFC 51 ,watched it and never looked back

If we're being honest, the first UFC Undisputed game was a large part of it, but I wrestled in high school and that piqued my interest, having known who Brock Lesnar was for several years before he was UFC champion. Machida/Shogun I was the first card I ever watched live and the rest is history.

I had been aware of the ufc since the vhs tapes began showing up in video stores around 94, but didn't start watching mma until 10 years later when I watched a live pride event at a bar while waiting for a band to go on. Started watching ufc with some coworkers later that year

Friend told me he seen a crazy knockout (Liddell - Evans) went to blockbuster and picked up UFC 51 ,watched it and never looked back

That wasn't UFC 51 but yea, that was a great KO. As clean a punch you'll ever see. That was one of the few events I had to watch on my laptop. I was at a party and for whatever reason the PPV wouldn't work. Luckily, I had a laptop in my car and bought the PPV on Yahoo.

Also, a friend of mine and I saw a replay (perhaps even a Sports Science breakdown) of Rampage vs. Arona and to this day he's convinced that we watched it live.

That wasn't UFC 51 but yea, that was a great KO. As clean a punch you'll ever see. That was one of the few events I had to watch on my laptop. I was at a party and for whatever reason the PPV wouldn't work. Luckily, I had a laptop in my car and bought the PPV on Yahoo.
It was ufc 88 I know . I wanted to watch ufc but blockbuster only had 51

I was real into WWF when I was younger and when Ken Shamrock showed up I heard about his fight background and decided to check it out. I was always big on martial arts movies and anything related to fighting but up until that point I had no idea MMA existed.

UFC 1-3 royce taking I all styles I'd been doing jujitsu for 10 years by then judo for 7 yrs, so it finally made people know what I trained in, I stopped following UFC but watched Rickson a lot... Then got back to the UFC cause of Vitor, then stayed cause of GSP.

I followed Cro Cop here, i also used go watch dream and strikeforce before UFC forced me here.

Back