What got you into watching the UFC?

Friend would come over all the time and tell me there was a fight on and we would watch it. I never thought I'd like it because combat sports have always bored me, but after a while it really grew on me, especially as I learned more about it. It's probably my favorite sport these days. I really like NFL football, but even then I really only enjoy watching "my team." With MMA, you can enjoy watching "your guy" and pretty much everything else, too.

UFC 92.
I'd previously only been exposed to the Sylvia-Arlovski 3 fight, and while it wasn't really awful or anything, just didn't bring me in.

92 however had Wandy getting lamped, Rashad pulling the comeback to put down Griffin, and Mir stopping Nog for the first time.

A few weeks later I'm picking up all the Pride fights and watching Shooto, hah.

No one guy made me a fan, i just liked the sport and started following it.

Free replay of UFC 44 on HD Net, or whatever it was called at that point.

Gradual process of bits of TUF, Tito vs Shamrock and glimpses of pride highlights I saw over a mates house. I remember the 1st time I saw Sapp I thought "he's gotta be unbeatable!" lol. Then my mate showed my Fedor and...

n5025f396ada91_large.gif

I used to read Black Belt and karate mags. Read about UFC 1 results and said yes it's happening. Jiu Jitsu and wrestling was my world view. Had black box cable and the rest is history. So glad to be able to live and see this go down.

MarcoRuas_original_crop_340x234_display_image.jpg

Rented UFC 7 from Blockbuster back in 98', been a fan ever since.

For me it was as a kid in 93 seeing the commercial for UFC 1 being marketed as a bloodsport consisting of styles vs styles.

It was like the ultimate taboo of that time to see men fight each other for real on television with out boxing gloves or a script.

Thanks to my dad's old black box, the rest was history

i love violence and i am also a technical person who loves sports as well. mma is both of those combined.

been watching since 1995, trumped boxing for me around 98.

I was a fan of K-1 and then I discovered Pride, afterwards UFC.

The Iceman.

I saw him beating the $hit out of Tito and had to find out more about the sport. All I had seen before that was a short video of UFC 1 and at the time I was a bit too young to understand the magic.

I used to deliver milk to this man's house in Brazil and he taught be how to do these weird semi-erotic moves to defend myself against milk muggers. This man turned out to be Helio Gracie.

But seriously, it was TUF 5.

GSP probably was the one who got me really invested in the sport.

Watched UFC 6, back in the mid 90's. Was always aware of MMA, became more interested during the first Wandy-Rampage fight, started watching consistently after Couture beat Tim Sylvia.

Or MMA in general? I overheard my friends talking about "how sick the fight was last night" so I decided to ask them what were they talking about. They were talking about "UFC145 Jones vs Evans" so I decided to watch it and I couldn't grasp how exciting this sport was, the sport I never even paid attention to. So I decided to watch every event from UFC145-to present as well as the older fights before 145. I also train Wrestling and such, so it also influenced me to watching it.

Rampage Jackson vs Rashad Evans TUF

Rampage chatting smack still makes me laugh

"I put the whoopin on you bwoi" :redface:

Fedor, funnily enough.

..And if Pride were still around, I wouldn't be watching the UFC.

UFC Undisputed 2009

At least you're honest, and not one of the "I've been watching since UFC 1" bros.

Attended first Shooto event in 1986, been a fan ever since. :cool:

j/k

TUF 1 and Fedor highlights on YouTube.

Back