What got you into watching the UFC?

UFC Undisputed 2009 lol

I love video games and one day my friend downloaded the demo which only had one match up, Shogun vs Liddel, it was a fun, but buggy game. Didn't matter, I was hooked on it, bought it, and from there I started to know the fighters and started watching the fights.

And from UFC 97, I haven't missed a single event yet. Also made me a diehard Shogun fan. Go figure

This got me into too, I haven't missed one since UFC 98

The fact that BJJ could dominate somebody who is stronger and more built than you are.

The hell is wrong with your avatar dude uuggh

Problem?

2w4ejxw.jpg

LOL, were you one of his internet video fans?

My friend showed me a street fight of his once then a while later I saw he was making his MMA debut. Started watching Elite XC then decided to check out UFC 88 and loved it more than anything.

About 10 years ago a guy lent me "The Smashing Machine". That was the start

ken shamrock being in the wwf back in 97-98. they said he came from "shoot fighting". i was like... wtf is that? rest is history. TUF season 1 really made me a regular.

More recent for me. Was watching K1 and saw Hong man Choi fight this little guy who weighed half his weight. Right after that a Pride fight was on and then I was hooked.

UFC? Bonnar Griffin fight made a fan outta me

Rented UFC 2 on VHS because I thought it was a wrestling event. Never went back to wrestling.

My friend trained a long time ago, and he told me about MMA. I then watched a bunch of early GSP fights, and then watched Hughes-Trigg 2. I'd say that fight really got me hooked.

Back in the day when they are fighting with diff martial arts trying to prove which one is better. . . Thats idea alone struck me.. . Esp when they put it all together....

Impulsively bought UFC Undisputed 2010 and watching TUF: St. Pierre vs. Koshcheck.

When I was younger my brother and I chanced upon ufc 1 and 2 on tape or DVD I can't remember which. We watched them each like 20 times and were hooked. Then I think a year or 2 later tuf 1 came out and we watched that and followed from there.

I also remember a VHS called Extreme Fighting when Conan Silveira was head kicked by Maurice Smith. Was one of only 5 or 6 tapes in town at the time.

I like watching people beat the shit out of each other. Easy concept.

When I was young I was REALLY into wwf. In hastings the wwf section was near the ufc section.I read the back of ufc and it said something like"tae kwon do vs wrestling, sumo vs karate, this is the ultimate fighting championship" and I brought it up to my mom to rent for me.

I had no idea some guy wearing a karate suit would best these guys. Royce, thank you!

My buddies and I used to collect old school kung fu flicks back in the '90's and my mom is Thai so her friends would bring me back muay thai tapes when they went home and we'd all hang out and watch them. I used to watch a lot of boxing and stuff also.

Then when UFC 1 came out, we heard about this crazy competition where different styles would compete against each other, rented the VHS and the rest is history, haven't missed a numbered UFC event since. I preferred PRIDE in its heyday though.

Back