What games are out there that are like Diablo 3 but with guns?

Oh shit look at that. I just googled HellDivers and saw that it is on Steam! Stoked.

The game is not out yet but something to keep an eye out for in the future is Inquisitor Martyr.

Dead Nation is kind of, sort of a Diablo-esque. It's not nearly as deep as far as items go, but the combat is fun, and it has that isometric view. I believe it's co-op as well. It might not be exactly what you're looking for, but if you like that style of game, it'll probably suffice. It's a great game regardless, so you should play it anyways.

The game is not out yet but something to keep an eye out for in the future is Inquisitor Martyr.

Yeah I always keep an eye out for any WH40K based games.

Yeah Dead nation looks fun too! Thanks guys.

So, just a little update for the sake of conversation:

I bought Warhammer 40K Killteam for the PC for about $3 from Steam. I already had it on Xbox and had paid full price, so I didn't want to do that again. I put it in my cart on Steam and let it sit there a few days. Logged in last night and it was reduced in price, so booyah! (The originally wanted $19.99 I think)

I bought the full version of Helldivers with all DLC content last night and installed it. I haven't played either of these games on the PC yet, but this morning before work I started through the Helldivers Tutorial, and realized that the movement is completely FUCKED in these isometric/birdseye view games when trying to use a Keyboard. How the hell do you guys do it?!?!

I was such a gimp, trying to move around, it was brutal. The aiming and shooting is super easy with the mouse and I dig it, but actually walking around? HA! I'll be a slow learner and a super shitty Helldiver for sure.

I considered picking up one of those Steam Controllers, but that's another $60 I don't really want to spend when really I was just looking for a fun, fast and simple shooter. As much as Helldivers looks simple, it is actually pretty involved as far as loadouts and whatnot goes.

I read a sweet guide here from Reddit if anyone else is interested:
Greywolfs Guide for Noobs

Victor Vran.

Hell, the main character is voiced by Geralt from the Witcher and the narrator is the same one from the Stanley Parable.

Everything I wanted Diablo 3 to be.

Oh and I should mention, I want a game that is Stand-alone from the internet. Something I can play on the Laptop when I am out of town and don't have an internet connection.

Maybe little bit off the radar but have you played Hotline Miami 1 & 2? Top-down view, great story, great level design, lots of guns, lots of stuff to "collect", violent as hell, light as hell, no Internet needed. Just not an rpg by any means.

Been playing How To Survive 2, and it's similar gameplay to diablo. It's a zombie survival game, you have to complete missions, scavange for supplies and build up a base. The first one is supposed to be pretty much the same in terms of gameplay, it's cheaper and is complete. The sequel is early access at the moment.

So, just a little update for the sake of conversation:

I bought Warhammer 40K Killteam for the PC for about $3 from Steam. I already had it on Xbox and had paid full price, so I didn't want to do that again. I put it in my cart on Steam and let it sit there a few days. Logged in last night and it was reduced in price, so booyah! (The originally wanted $19.99 I think)

I bought the full version of Helldivers with all DLC content last night and installed it. I haven't played either of these games on the PC yet, but this morning before work I started through the Helldivers Tutorial, and realized that the movement is completely FUCKED in these isometric/birdseye view games when trying to use a Keyboard. How the hell do you guys do it?!?!

I was such a gimp, trying to move around, it was brutal. The aiming and shooting is super easy with the mouse and I dig it, but actually walking around? HA! I'll be a slow learner and a super shitty Helldiver for sure.

I considered picking up one of those Steam Controllers, but that's another $60 I don't really want to spend when really I was just looking for a fun, fast and simple shooter. As much as Helldivers looks simple, it is actually pretty involved as far as loadouts and whatnot goes.

I read a sweet guide here from Reddit if anyone else is interested:
Greywolfs Guide for Noobs
Just use your xbox controller on your computer

Bumping this thread to add Inquisitor Martyr, since it is no pre-order/playable in the Founding phase.

Last edited:
hqdefault.jpg

Not exactly like Diablo, but an absolutely awesome isometric game with guns is Crusader: No Remorse.

It's 20 years old, but IMO it still holds up. I'm sure you could pick it (and it's sequel No Regret) up for dirt cheap on GoG probably.

My man. Still haven't beaten it. makes me feel old, but I've aced the first two chambers a few times.

To answer the question, Borderlands is probably your best bet, if you don't mind a quirkier tone and FPS style.

No, I have determined that Inquisitor Martyr is exactly what I was looking for. I am playing the Alpha right now and having a blast with it.

I am picking up a Steam Controller tonight after work too.

No, I have determined that Inquisitor Martyr is exactly what I was looking for. I am playing the Alpha right now and having a blast with it.

I am picking up a Steam Controller tonight after work too.

Just a little hint, and you may be different than me...

But fuuuuuuck the steam controller. Bought it, had it a week, returned it. It is NOT just like using a regular controller to play with.

Back